Notifications
Clear all

Self Experiment: Weight Lifting-Worst Acne Sufferer Nightmare

MemberMember
(@arqa22)

Posted : 09/23/2012 2:49 am

i have been experimenting with weight lifting for the last year, and my conclusion is:weight lifting either cause or aggravate exisiting acne. the reason is simple:weight lifting icrease testosterone, wich means increased DHT, wich means more oily skin>acne.

so i started weight lifting around a year ago when, at that time i didnt think it will have any affect on acne. slowly but SURELY my skin became more and more and more oily, instead of being dry for like 5-6 hours after washing my face with soap, it started being really oily after 4 hours and even less. together with that i broke out even worse. i couldnt understand, why the fuk was my skin becoming more and more oily? i didnt make the connection back than, so i kept lifting and with time i increased the weights i lift and you can guess what than means, even more oily skin! at that point i increased my saw plametto dosage [anti DHT]from 1g to 2.5g, that gave me some nasty side effects. . . who gives a fuk? acne is much worse than having some tits, no? lol

anyway... long story short.

i surfed in BB forums and read articles and stuff, and then i found out that weight lifting increase testosterone. [ http://www.peaktesto...ht_Lifting.aspx ]

then it hit me, more testosterone, means more testosterone in being converted to DHT, more DHT more oily skin. i felt like i found e=mc2 or something lol.

so i stopped lifting weights, and after like a month i could clearly tell my skin became less oily. now its been 4 month since i stopped lifting and i lost some decent muscle mass, but guess what, my skin is much much less oily, and im clear.

so thats it.... for those of you who lift weights, know that it worsen your acne severity. and for those of you who love to live in denial that weightlifting\bodybuilding is "healthy" and stuff, well, i dont say thats wrong. all i say is that it causes increase in test, wich means more oily skin>more acne. weather our fked up diet causes our gut to metabolise hormones bad or pollution causes increased sensitivty to DHT, it doesnt change the fact that increased DHT means more acne.

what i also found out is that running\aerobic excercise DOESNT cause the same effect as bodybuilding. i guess aerobic excercise doesnt increase testosterone much or at all. but ANAEROBIC, muscle building excercise, does worsen acne.

bye : )

MemberMember
(@sum1killme)

Posted : 09/23/2012 8:34 pm

Yes you are right man I quit working out the whole summer and just concentrated on trying to clear my skin by supplementing and eating right. I was clear up to this month until a week ago I realized how skinny and how much weight I had Lost. I thought I would start working out again last week since I had not had a breakout in about a month. And my face broke the fuck out again huge cyst on both sides of my face. Acne has even takin away my only way of feeling good about myself and releiving stress, I am not sure anymore what the fuck to do but you are on to something.

MemberMember
(@murph89)

Posted : 09/23/2012 8:50 pm

I dont know. I was working out HARD for a year when my skin was clear. I was consuming a LOT of whey protein and I built 20 lbs of muscle. I was doing crossfit (which is a mix of muscle building and aerobic exercise) 5 times a week, boxing and MMA (which is strictly aerobic) training 4 times a week, so I was sweating a SHIT load and my testosterone must have been through the roof. At that time when I was working out for that year, my skin was at the best it has ever been since high school and younger. Im afraid now to start working out again, because I still dont know whats going on with my skin. I dont think ill ever consume whey again, but the increased testosterone theory is something to think about, even though it wasnt an issue for me for that year.

"what i also found out is that running\aerobic excercise DOESNT cause the same effect as bodybuilding. i guess aerobic excercise doesnt increase testosterone much or at all. but ANAEROBIC, muscle building excercise, does worsen acne."

Interesting, because like I said, I was doing crossfit, boxing, and MMA training which are mostly aerobic and I never had ANY issues with my skin. Ive never been into body building. Crossfit was the most muscle building I have ever done, and that was pretty minimal. It was more getting toned than adding on PURE muscle.

MemberMember
(@poi6)

Posted : 09/23/2012 8:56 pm

Fuck I sure hope you're wrong :( I really don't want to stop lifting ....I'm still really scrawny but I am getting there. And it gave me so much confidence

MemberMember
(@fuze)

Posted : 09/23/2012 11:44 pm

I've been lifting weights for 6 years. My clearest skin was when I was working out the hardest and most.

It's probably related to hormonal changes rather than the lifting.

MemberMember
(@arqa22)

Posted : 09/24/2012 6:59 am

lol "My clearest skin was when I was working out the hardest and most." when did you have acne in the first place? and how did you cure it?

its quite simple:

DHT causes oily skin, oily skin causes acne.

so we take for example 3 people, number 1 and 2 and 3. only number 3 has acne when skinny. all 3 have same testosterone level, same size etc. means they all have somewhat same DHT levels.

all 3 have testosterone 500 [for example] when skinny:

1=no acne when skinny. start lifting, testosterone increased to 800, still no acne. this person is not sensitive to increased DHT. so he can be muscular and acne free.

2=no acne when skinny. start lifting, testosterone increased to 800, he breaks out. this person is not sensitivy to "normal" testosterone levels [500]. but hes threshold is [for example only] is 600. when he have 600 testosterone in hes body, he produces too much oil and that means acne. the more muscle he put the more testosterone he will have in hes body, the more DHT he will have, the more oily skin, the worse hes acne will be.

3=mild acne when skinny. start lifting, testosterone increased to 800, acne become severe. this person is sensitivy to "normal" testosterone levels [500]. but as testorone rise, DHT rise also, that means hes skin is becoming more oily. that means more severe acne.

MemberMember
(@o-havoc-o)

Posted : 09/24/2012 7:52 am

i have been experimenting with weight lifting for the last year, and my conclusion is:weight lifting either cause or aggravate exisiting acne. the reason is simple:weight lifting icrease testosterone, wich means increased DHT, wich means more oily skin>acne.

so i started weight lifting around a year ago when, at that time i didnt think it will have any affect on acne. slowly but SURELY my skin became more and more and more oily, instead of being dry for like 5-6 hours after washing my face with soap, it started being really oily after 4 hours and even less. together with that i broke out even worse. i couldnt understand, why the fuk was my skin becoming more and more oily? i didnt make the connection back than, so i kept lifting and with time i increased the weights i lift and you can guess what than means, even more oily skin! at that point i increased my saw plametto dosage [anti DHT]from 1g to 2.5g, that gave me some nasty side effects. . . who gives a fuk? acne is much worse than having some tits, no? lol

i surfed in BB forums and read articles and stuff, and then i found out that weight lifting increase testosterone. [ http://www.peaktesto...ht_Lifting.aspx ]

then it hit me, more testosterone, means more testosterone in being converted to DHT, more DHT more oily skin. i felt like i found e=mc2 or something lol.

so i stopped lifting weights, and after like a month i could clearly tell my skin became less oily. now its been 4 month since i stopped lifting and i lost some decent muscle mass, but guess what, my skin is much much less oily, and im clear.

so thats it.... for those of you who lift weights, know that it worsen your acne severity. and for those of you who love to live in denial that weightlifting\bodybuilding is "healthy" and stuff, well, i dont say thats wrong. all i say is that it causes increase in test, wich means more oily skin>more acne. weather our fked up diet causes our gut to metabolise hormones bad or pollution causes increased sensitivty to DHT, it doesnt change the fact that increased DHT means more acne.

what i also found out is that running\aerobic excercise DOESNT cause the same effect as bodybuilding. i guess aerobic excercise doesnt increase testosterone much or at all. but ANAEROBIC, muscle building excercise, does worsen acne.

Tell me you are kidding?

Where is the study that proves this?

If anything working out with a solid diet can help control acne. The acne you would have got would have been from the bacteria on the weights. Chances you touch your face.

I am sorry but you statement is based on "broscience" and a circular argument at best.

I have worked out for years. This year my acne cleared up with out medication and the key to this was my diet. I train hard, work with one of the best nutritionists in the u.k He got me to cut Gluten out of my diet because i am aiming for 8% body fat. After 6 week i didn't need to use benzyol peroxide anymore.

A little about Gluten.

Wheat containing products (bread, rolls, cereal, cakes etc). Wheat contains one of the most well-known lectins: gluten which is associated with pretty much every autoimmune condition there is. Lectins like gluten can damage the gut lining and influence the structure and function of the intestines. One major problem they can cause is increased gut permeability also known as leaky gut. Leaky gut is associated with both metabolic syndrome and autoimmune disease, and causes systemic inflammation which is at the root of various disorders. Gut dysfunction also impairs the digestion and absorption of nutrients from food and affects intestinal bacteria. Lectins can pass through the gut lining intact and reach the blood stream where some - like gluten - have the potential to interfere with the bodys normal hormonal balance, metabolism and health

Gluten can cause all kinds of hell in the body. One thing it is well know to aggravate is acne.

Check your diet before you blame working and check the cleanness levels of gym as i would put money on that is what aggravated your acne.

People think that eat right when they don't. I have started coaching people on nutrition and what people perceive to be healthy is just shocking. I have also worked with people who have acne. Most of them within 2 months of eating a gluten free, high protein, high essential fatty acids and moderate to low carb, there acne cleared up or was under control.

I'm not saying diet is a cure. What i am saying it can control it very effectively. Obviously much more study is needed but from what i have seen acne control is a side effect of eating properly.

MemberMember
(@arqa22)

Posted : 09/24/2012 7:55 am

Tell me you are kidding?

If anything working out with a solid diet can help control acne. The acne you would have got would have been from the bacteria on the weights. Chances you touch your face.

I am sorry but you statement is based on "broscience" and a circular argument at best.

I have worked out for years. This year my acne cleared up with out medication and the key to this was my diet. I train hard, work with one of the best nutritionists in the u.k He got me to cut Gluten out of my diet because i am aiming for 8% body fat. After 6 week i didn't need to use benzyol peroxide anymore.

A little about Gluten.

Wheat containing products (bread, rolls, cereal, cakes etc). Wheat contains one of the most well-known lectins: gluten which is associated with pretty much every autoimmune condition there is. Lectins like gluten can damage the gut lining and influence the structure and function of the intestines. One major problem they can cause is increased gut permeability also known as leaky gut. Leaky gut is associated with both metabolic syndrome and autoimmune disease, and causes systemic inflammation which is at the root of various disorders. Gut dysfunction also impairs the digestion and absorption of nutrients from food and affects intestinal bacteria. Lectins can pass through the gut lining intact and reach the blood stream where some - like gluten - have the potential to interfere with the bodys normal hormonal balance, metabolism and health

Gluten can cause all kinds of hell in the body. One thing it is well know to aggravate is acne.

Check your diet before you blame working and check the cleanness levels of gym as i would put money on that is what aggravated your acne.

People think that eat right when they don't. I have started coaching people on nutrition and what people perceive to be healthy is just shocking. I have also worked with people who have acne. Most of them within 2 months of eating a gluten free, high protein, high essential fatty acids and moderate to low carb, there acne cleared up or was under control.

I'm not saying diet is a cure. What i am saying it can control it very effectively. Obviously much more study is needed but from what i have seen acne control is a side effect of eating properly.

stopped reading

MemberMember
(@o-havoc-o)

Posted : 09/24/2012 7:58 am

Tell me you are kidding?

A little about Gluten.

stopped reading

Then you are merely being ignorant.

Please show me the scientific study that proves weight lifting makes acne worse.

MemberMember
(@arqa22)

Posted : 09/24/2012 8:07 am

ah, and here is some "broscience" about weight lifting and testosterone.

http://www.trulyhuge...estosterone.htm

http://thinksteroids...sterone-levels/

http://www.squidoo.c...erone-naturally

http://www.testoster...odybuilding-and

http://www.mhnhairst...-hair-loss.html

http://www.livestron...-levels-in-men/

http://www.askmen.co...itness_tip.html

http://artofmanlines...ake-you-man-up/

http://www.stronghea...-weight-lifting

you will never see "weight lifting causes acne".

you will see "weight lifting increases testosterone"

and you will see "DHT causes oily skin"

you need to make the connection alone:

testosterone>DHT>oily skin>acne.

im ignorant? lol

you write this bullsh1t and expect a srs answer. . .

so your saying that you cut gluten out of your diet, and 6 weeks later you still had acne and then BAM no more acne? your 100% clear?

how can you say "I'm not saying diet is a cure." when diet was your cure?

MemberMember
(@o-havoc-o)

Posted : 09/24/2012 8:32 am

ah, and here is some "broscience" about weight lifting and testosterone.

http://www.trulyhuge...estosterone.htm

http://thinksteroids...sterone-levels/

http://www.squidoo.c...erone-naturally

http://www.testoster...odybuilding-and

http://www.mhnhairst...-hair-loss.html

http://www.livestron...-levels-in-men/

http://www.askmen.co...itness_tip.html

http://artofmanlines...ake-you-man-up/

http://www.stronghea...-weight-lifting

you will never see "weight lifting causes acne".

you will see "weight lifting increases testosterone"

and you will see "DHT causes oily skin"

you need to make the connection alone:

testosterone>DHT>oily skin>acne.

im ignorant? lol

you write this bullsh1t and expect a srs answer. . .

so your saying that you cut gluten out of your diet, and 6 weeks later you still had acne and then BAM no more acne? your 100% clear?

how can you say "I'm not saying diet is a cure." when diet was your cure?

I read the first 3.

Again i ask you, what definitive evidence do you have that testosterone causes or decreases acne?

Oily skin is one factor of acne. There is genetics, environment and diet to consider.

Oily skin + Bacteria is primary how acne forms. I know loads of people with oily skin but not all have acne. You are essentially saying anyone with oily skin has acne which just isn;t true

You are being closed minded and advocating a one glove fits all scenario.

I grant you testosterone "COULD" contribute to an increase of sebum but that is a far cry saying it stop or make acne worse.

I have oily skin

I have weight lifted for years

I am currently doing a project for fitness company

My acne is under control without medication due to my diet and my skin is still oily.

Testosterone isn't increased just by one thing. Dairy products and sugar also manipulate the levels quite dramatically.

You're not taking all angles into consideration here. You have isolated one possible variable that is merely a "culprit"

So explain to me how the people who don't workout or have never even entered a gym still get acne? I got acne at 12 before i even lift a weight. My friend has acne and has never entered a gym in his life. How do you explain acne in women who produce very little testosterone?

MemberMember
(@user146096)

Posted : 09/24/2012 8:49 am

I've been weightlifting for 6 years. Had acne for 8. My face was at it's worst, BEFORE I started lifting. I cannot relate to this thread.

MemberMember
(@bearishly)

Posted : 09/24/2012 8:53 am

I have been lifting weights throughout my struggle with acne. I'm close to being clear for the first time in a long time due entirely to dietary changes. There's been very little change in the duration or intensity of my workouts.

Maybe not lifting worked for you. That's great. That doesn't mean everyone's body works the same.

MemberMember
(@alternativista)

Posted : 09/24/2012 9:30 am

I just skimmed and every post here is broscience. Such as the one about bacteria from the weights. Bacteria is the least important factor in the development of acne.

You don't want to do prolonged intense cardio either as that is very inflammatory. Acne is an inflammatory condition as are many of the health conditions this sickly culture suffers from. Just do less intense and less prolonged activity. Shorter weight lifting sessions. And Interval training for 'cardio. See the exercise thread for more info on the many benefits which include better results in less time. Or this summary post. Most people's workouts are mostly wasted effort. Humans should move around a lot all day every day walking and doing chores. And occasionally have short intense bursts of activity like sprinting, climbing, and lifting heavy things.

Increased testosterone levels coincide with increased lactate levels, so maybe you want to be careful with workouts that cause high levels of lactate. http://www.acne.org/...ost__p__3031789

MemberMember
(@green-gables)

Posted : 09/24/2012 1:50 pm

I have been told by an endocrinologist that definitely increased levels of androgens, dihydrotesterone (DHT) in particular, can contribute to skin problems. More studies have been done in women, but it's reasonable to say that men can have androgen sensitivities as well, as both sexes have an optimal hormone level.

Every hormonal treatment prescribed to women specifically for acne has an anti-androgen agent. Yaz/Yasmin has drospirenone. Dianette/Diane-35 has cyproterone acetate. Spironolactone is an anti-androgen. Flutamide is an anti-androgen.

As for being abnormally sensitive to androgens, that IS the circulating theory. Some studies show a definite correlation between androgen serum levels and acne. Others don't show that correlation. So for some people, androgens are a problem. The endo and my current derm said even people with normal testosterone levels can have a sensitivity to those levels. I asked them why. They said right now they're writing it down as genetic, but they don't really know.

Hormonal data were evaluated in 34 women with acne resistant to usual forms of therapy. Radioimmunoassay (RIA) was used to measure serum testosterone, dehydroepiandrosterone sulfate, 17 alpha-hydroxy-progesterone, prolactin, progesterone, free-testosterone, and testosterone index. Eighty-eight percent of these women were found to have androgen excess. Using the Dexamethasone Suppression Test, the sources of the hormonal abnormalities were identified and found to be adrenal in 24%, ovarian in 38%, and mixed adrenal and ovarian in 26% of the patients. The data supports the contention that women with acne that persists despite the common therapeutic modalities, warrant endocrinologic evaluation.

http://www.ncbi.nlm..../pubmed/6238252

MemberMember
(@eibach)

Posted : 10/30/2012 4:50 pm

Stop working out with heavy weights. I've had acne ever since I started working out in my teens. I'm 39 now and I just figured out recently my acne only comes back when I start working out. So for 25 years, I tried everything...shower immediately after working out, gluten free, low low carb, dairy free, hardcore diets, otc medication (which doesn't work), trust me, everything...not touching face, no sex, no masturbating, I mean everything, clean freak in the gym, have towel. Nothing worked, except for when I stopped working out heavy. No new acne within 3 days to a week after stopping. If I stopped for a month, acne would disappear for ~ month. Tried this cycle around 4 times over the last 2 years. Now Im 100% sure, that for me its working out that's causing acne. So I'm not saying this is the cause for everyone, or those that don't get acne from anything...consider yourself very lucky! For those that do work out and have acne, test it for yourself....stop working out for a couple weeks and see. Then start back up again and see what happens. Chronic acne is not about how clean ur face is because I know every acne sufferer out there washes their face and hands constantly because we subconsciously think that's what is causing the acne. But its not, its your hormones and to a lesser extent what u eat. Try it, see what happens.

MemberMember
(@o-havoc-o)

Posted : 10/30/2012 5:53 pm

I have been told by an endocrinologist that definitely increased levels of androgens, dihydrotesterone (DHT) in particular, can contribute to skin problems. More studies have been done in women, but it's reasonable to say that men can have androgen sensitivities as well, as both sexes have an optimal hormone level.

Every hormonal treatment prescribed to women specifically for acne has an anti-androgen agent. Yaz/Yasmin has drospirenone. Dianette/Diane-35 has cyproterone acetate. Spironolactone is an anti-androgen. Flutamide is an anti-androgen.

As for being abnormally sensitive to androgens, that IS the circulating theory. Some studies show a definite correlation between androgen serum levels and acne. Others don't show that correlation. So for some people, androgens are a problem. The endo and my current derm said even people with normal testosterone levels can have a sensitivity to those levels. I asked them why. They said right now they're writing it down as genetic, but they don't really know.

Hormonal data were evaluated in 34 women with acne resistant to usual forms of therapy. Radioimmunoassay (RIA) was used to measure serum testosterone, dehydroepiandrosterone sulfate, 17 alpha-hydroxy-progesterone, prolactin, progesterone, free-testosterone, and testosterone index. Eighty-eight percent of these women were found to have androgen excess. Using the Dexamethasone Suppression Test, the sources of the hormonal abnormalities were identified and found to be adrenal in 24%, ovarian in 38%, and mixed adrenal and ovarian in 26% of the patients. The data supports the contention that women with acne that persists despite the common therapeutic modalities, warrant endocrinologic evaluation.

http://www.ncbi.nlm..../pubmed/6238252

They key word here is contribute. Not cause. Well said in saying that,

People fail to factor in that their diet typically changes when they start to workout to maximise gains for whatever the goal is.

Fact is there are a lot of bad supplements out their that could also contribute but everyone is far too quick to blame excess testosterone.

MemberMember
(@eibach)

Posted : 10/30/2012 6:24 pm

Stop working out with heavy weights. I've had acne ever since I started working out in my teens. I'm 39 now and I just figured out recently my acne only comes back when I start working out. So for 25 years, I tried everything...shower immediately after working out, gluten free, low low carb, dairy free, hardcore diets, otc medication (which doesn't work), trust me, everything...not touching face, no sex, no masturbating, I mean everything, clean freak in the gym, have towel. Nothing worked, except for when I stopped working out heavy. No new acne within 3 days to a week after stopping. If I stopped for a month, acne would disappear for ~ month. Tried this cycle around 4 times over the last 2 years. Now Im 100% sure, that for me its working out that's causing acne. So I'm not saying this is the cause for everyone, or those that don't get acne from anything...consider yourself very lucky! For those that do work out and have acne, test it for yourself....stop working out for a couple weeks and see. Then start back up again and see what happens. Chronic acne is not about how clean ur face is because I know every acne sufferer out there washes their face and hands constantly because we subconsciously think that's what is causing the acne. But its not, its your hormones and to a lesser extent what u eat. Try it, see what happens.

MemberMember
(@collegeboy84)

Posted : 12/27/2012 7:23 pm

Weight lifting is the definite cause of my acne. I am not saying that weight lifting WILL give you acne or if you don't weight lift you WON'T get acne. What I am saying is that for those of us with a specific set of genes and skin type, lifting heavy weights will cause sebum production to increase far beyond what my skin can handle.

I have been acne free my entire life... or that was until I reached my 25th birthday. At the age of 25 I made a promise to myself, to live a healthier life style. This meant no more caffeine, soda, coffee, sugar( except up special occasions), beer, smoking, fast food etc. I even gave up dairy! This also meant getting into the best physical shape of my life. I began running miles everyday along with extensive resistance training routines. In a matter of weeks my skin went from 100% never-thought-about-pimples clear to... an EXTREMELY oily face with an onslaught of pimples. As I became stronger and stronger my acne got worse. It has now been a few years and my acne and oily skin still remains the same. The only difference is that I use an assortment of drugs to keep the pimples at bay. Antibiotics and Differin help to some extent... but the pimples are just dieing to reach the oily surface.

People will try and blame my situation on poor diet or hygiene. However, I have the cleanest diet and the best hygiene of my life. I wash my pillows and towels every few days; when I was fresh out of high school living on my own, I did laundry and washed my face once a blue moon with no sign of pimples. I avoid allergens including dairy and nuts. Unless I am having a bad reaction (for 3 years) to Chicken and turkey breast, green-beans, broccoli, salad and water... then I am out of ideas. And IF my current diet is the cause of my acne, then I should have had pimples my entire life as I ate ANYTHING and EVERYTHING for 25 years.

Anyways, I plan on really cutting back on my muscle this winter to see if there is any improvement in my oily skin. I will still continue to work out but with lighter weights and slightly less frequently. I also plan on cutting my calories which helps curve the amount of muscle one can have.

Oh... and just one more tidbit:

Of all my brothers, sisters, uncles, aunts and cousins, nobody in the family has oily skin except my 1 uncle. It just so happens that my uncle is the only family member who lifts weights. As for the rest? Skinny as twigs. Nobody has skin issues except me. Coincidence? Perhaps. Unlikely .. but doubtful.

MemberMember
(@collegeboy84)

Posted : 12/27/2012 7:40 pm

You mentioned you stopped working out heavy. What do you mean by this? Do you still lift weights? If so, how much did you cut your weights by? Or were you talking about the frequency at which you lift? Thanks for your time.

MemberMember
(@paigems)

Posted : 12/28/2012 2:44 am

I notice the same thing. For me lifting weights=acne and oily skin. It's not the sweat or the diet or anything else. I am 100% positive that it is the weight lifting. I really wish that's not how it was because I think all the people who have really nice fit looking bodies achieve it by lifting weights.

MemberMember
(@whoartthou1)

Posted : 12/29/2012 12:41 am

Simple, stop lifting weights. I wish my acne was as easy to control as your guys evidently is.

MemberMember
(@paigems)

Posted : 12/29/2012 5:11 pm

Simple, stop lifting weights. I wish my acne was as easy to control as your guys evidently is.

No, I still get acne when I don't lift weights, lifting just seems to aggravate it more. Also, for many people it is quite frustrating to have to give up a certain type of exercise just to keep their skin clearer.

MemberMember
(@whoartthou1)

Posted : 01/03/2013 10:31 pm

No, I still get acne when I don't lift weights, lifting just seems to aggravate it more. Also, for many people it is quite frustrating to have to give up a certain type of exercise just to keep their skin clearer.

Yes, but it is even more frustrating for those who give up everything and still have acne...

MemberMember
(@ayla)

Posted : 01/05/2013 11:58 am

You don't have to give up lifting, or give up lifting heavy. Your diet is everything here, and 'clean' or 'healthy' or whatever else are facetious words. Their meaning is malleable and different to everyone.

I lift heavy, but my diet is carefully (and deliciously) structured. I get the right fats, enough protein, I don't load up on carbs simply because it's the popular default answer. I currently have one zit.

I don't want to go to the trouble of typing out a huge post only to be ignored, so if you want more info, let me know and I'll post it.