Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
jessikur55

The Words "butter Face"

I'd rather relive my last break up (which hurt A LOT) for a life time than to be called a butter face one more time. I hate that term. It hurts. It stings me right in the heart and the tears roll out. Its my one weakness. Nothing has ever hurt me as much as my acne has. Its not as bad a it used to be, but its there. If anyone wants to find the quickest way to make me cry, point at my face and say "BUTTER FACE" and I will be sobbing in seconds.

There's this guy that I really like. He's funny, he's social, he's almost perfect in my eyes. Everyone tells me he's bad news, bad guy, bad person. I didn't listen. I liked him. Today I told him about this guy that has been stalking me since high school (I'm a sophomore in college). He asked who I liked. I didn't say, but I did say "He doesn't like me, he's not worth talking about. My crush then said, "I would like you..." That got my hopes up.

Later on I aked him why I'm single. He knows me well enough to point out any flaws. He pointed at my face and said "The make up and whats under it is what's wrong with you. You're a butter face. Your body is amazing, your personality is bubbly, and you're always smiling. Guys don't want to be seen with butter faces. Until you fix it, you're going to stay single." I held back my tears and got quiet. He looked down and said "Did I hurt your feelings?" "No, you're not the first guy to say it, nor will you be the last. I knew you'd point that out first, and I knew you'd say that there was nothing else." I walked away and tried not to cry.

Acne, you're stopping me from being happy. You're stopping me from loving myself. Why don't you just leave me alone. Leave all these people alone. You're hurting us. You're stopping us from being NORMAL.

I've seen plenty of girls and guys with acne dating attractive people without acne. Speaking from experience as well. I had SEVERE cystic acne for ten years and I still dated guys who were perfectly clear and even a few who were more attractive facially and physically than I was. I didn't pursue them, they pursued me ironically. I just tried to be myself, and yes sometimes personality and other qualities do shine through all the crap on your face.

Acne sucks. But it is not the end of the world. And that guy is a jerk who uses "honesty" and "keeping it real" as an excuse to be mean. When people tell you someone is bad news, they're just trying to protect you. Be smart and listen next time.

And I am really dying to know WHY on earth would you ask someone else why you're still single? Do you like having other people point out your flaws? Don't you know your own flaws deep down already? What was the point of that?

Don't sabotage yourself. You know you have acne, and you know it's not the most attractive thing in the world. But you don't need to ask other people to rub it in for crying out loud...!

This sounds a little harsh, I'm not trying to be harsh, but I hate to see people doing things that hurt themselves sad.png There's enough people throwing rocks in the world, you don't need to make it easier :(

Edited by Green Gables

Wow. Wow. How the fuck can someone be so inconsiderate and say that to another human being? Honestly. That is so fucked up. I highly highly doubt you are a butter face. I hate that term as well. The only people who use that term are superficial people who care only about looks. You don't need people like that in your life. You were told you have an amazing body and a bubby personality. Bam! That's all I need in girl. A pretty face is just a bonus and really is not important to me as far as relationships go.

Yes, acne sucks. It fucking sucks way bad! But seriously, don't take what this dickhead said to you or what anyone else who says shit like that. He and who ever make comments like that are obviously is immature and dont care about anyone feelings. Deep down inside, they are insecure with themselves, and they are only saying rude comments like that to make them feel better about themselves.

Again, I'm truly sorry your feeling this way. Acne sucks and is truly a debilitating disease. But you don't need to associate with immature, rude, heartless people who makes comments and use that term.

From your profile picture, you are a very pretty girl and you have a gorgeous smile. I love your hair too. Focus on your good qualities and not so much the ones you can't avoid, or are trying to fix. You have a lot going for you being in college, and stay with that. Don't let these douchebags ruin it.

This guy is clearly a little slow mentally and you are not dealing with a normal person. People over the age of 15 don't refer to someone as a butter face than try and justify it like it's okay. The sad part is he probably didn't even realize that what he said was stupid unless he is a complete sociopath. Nothing more than a worthless opinion from a dope.

Honestly, a ton of guys and girls with acne are in relationships. You would be surprised at how many times I had a bad breakout and my friends forced me to go out and I got great receptions from girls. I always come home shocked. As hard as it is, I always force myself to act confident and never let anyone know that my skin bothers me. The biggest thing holding you back is probably not your acne. I do not know what it is but it could be how you feel about your acne and how it is hurting your confidence. A lot of us on this site deal with that same issue and it is really a constant battle. Don't get into your head though that you have to get rid of your acne first before you can get a boyfriend. That is a dangerous mindset and will prevent you from doing a lot of other things in life that you are more than capable of accomplishing at the current moment. Clear skin is not a prerequisite to anything.

That's fucked up but what's more fucked up is that the majority of the people actually think like that. Only people with acne can understand how that shit feels. One time this girl I liked told me she would fuck me with a bag over my head in front of the class. That shit felt like somebody put my heart in a blender and lit it on fire.

This might be weird, and it's really showing how insecure I am about my appearance,- but I'm actually worried about things like this being said to me. I don't need someone else to say it - my acne has wrecked my view of myself so much that this is how I view myself. How bad is that! And I know it's ridiculous to think this way. I'm my own worst critic though and would count other things, like being shy as another reason for not having a relationship. I'm really working on seeing myself past my skin/acne though and improving my confidence. There's more to me than my skin!

If someone were to call me that, I know I'd have the same reaction as you have. I have had comments before about my skin in public and I'll never forget how horrible they made me feel. I'm sorry you're feeling so upset.

Someone who judges a person based on any aspect of their appearance probably isn't worth it anyway! And they're probably not ready for a real relationship if all they're concerned with is looks!

There are a lot of people with acne who have great relationships. There's no reason why you shouldn't have one. It's just a matter of finding the right guy. Don't rush into a relationship just for the sake of having a boyfriend / being in a relationship. I don't think that's the right way to go about it.

Don't let acne stop you from being happy and enjoying life. It's not worth giving up so much!

:) Hang in there

ohmygod this is like my greatest fear, being called a butter face. but no ones ever told me it to my face :/ your crush sounds too blunt, like he shouldve thought about how to say that, the way he said it sounds especially insensitive. if hes going to talk like that about you i wouldnt like him anymore. such a turnoff

I've seen plenty of girls and guys with acne dating attractive people without acne. Speaking from experience as well. I had SEVERE cystic acne for ten years and I still dated guys who were perfectly clear and even a few who were more attractive facially and physically than I was. I didn't pursue them, they pursued me ironically. I just tried to be myself, and yes sometimes personality and other qualities do shine through all the crap on your face.

Acne sucks. But it is not the end of the world. And that guy is a jerk who uses "honesty" and "keeping it real" as an excuse to be mean. When people tell you someone is bad news, they're just trying to protect you. Be smart and listen next time.

And I am really dying to know WHY on earth would you ask someone else why you're still single? Do you like having other people point out your flaws? Don't you know your own flaws deep down already? What was the point of that?

Don't sabotage yourself. You know you have acne, and you know it's not the most attractive thing in the world. But you don't need to ask other people to rub it in for crying out loud...!

This sounds a little harsh, I'm not trying to be harsh, but I hate to see people doing things that hurt themselves sad.png There's enough people throwing rocks in the world, you don't need to make it easier :(

Couldnt of said it better myself!

I'd rather relive my last break up (which hurt A LOT) for a life time than to be called a butter face one more time. I hate that term. It hurts. It stings me right in the heart and the tears roll out. Its my one weakness. Nothing has ever hurt me as much as my acne has. Its not as bad a it used to be, but its there. If anyone wants to find the quickest way to make me cry, point at my face and say "BUTTER FACE" and I will be sobbing in seconds.

There's this guy that I really like. He's funny, he's social, he's almost perfect in my eyes. Everyone tells me he's bad news, bad guy, bad person. I didn't listen. I liked him. Today I told him about this guy that has been stalking me since high school (I'm a sophomore in college). He asked who I liked. I didn't say, but I did say "He doesn't like me, he's not worth talking about. My crush then said, "I would like you..." That got my hopes up.

Later on I aked him why I'm single. He knows me well enough to point out any flaws. He pointed at my face and said "The make up and whats under it is what's wrong with you. You're a butter face. Your body is amazing, your personality is bubbly, and you're always smiling. Guys don't want to be seen with butter faces. Until you fix it, you're going to stay single." I held back my tears and got quiet. He looked down and said "Did I hurt your feelings?" "No, you're not the first guy to say it, nor will you be the last. I knew you'd point that out first, and I knew you'd say that there was nothing else." I walked away and tried not to cry.

Acne, you're stopping me from being happy. You're stopping me from loving myself. Why don't you just leave me alone. Leave all these people alone. You're hurting us. You're stopping us from being NORMAL.

This guy reminds me of my ex-boyfriend. He was super insecure and said the meanest things to me all the time. These type of guys prey on the sweet, insecure girls like yourself. I'm sure you are an attractive girl but because of your lowered self-esteem people think they can take advantage of you or be mean.

Acne does not rule your life, nor anyone else's. But it does make us feel inferior and enraged at the people with flawless skin. Skin is just skin, you aren't defined by something so superficial so don't let yourself be.

Purge anyone like this out of your life because they will only harm you and bring you down and are obviously sadistic shit heads.

Don't waste your time with this guy! he sounds like a moron, a man should never talk to a woman like that whether he finds her attractive or not.

Holy crap. That guy sounds like a complete inconsiderate douche bag! You don't want a toxic person like that in your life. He sounds about as shallow and vapid as a human being can possibly get. If that's you in your avatar, you're a very cute girl! You have a perfect smile and pretty eyes too! I'm sorry that you had a bad experience with someone who just does not think before he/she speaks, I really, really dislike people like that. Tact and kindness are rare attributes in this generation, believe me when I tell you!

You are not a butter face. That guy needs to mature a little bit, he sounds like has the social skills of a slug and he has no idea how to sympathize with people. Distance yourself from him and seek out people in your life that will be supportive to you and accept you for who you are.

Just remember "those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind.

I love quotes such as this. In essence it is right.

Yea, i would have a similar reaction if someone said the same to me.Please do not get yourself down about some inconsiderate asshole who is just playing nice. People like him have the wrong agenda anyway. Why would you want to fall right back into that- just saying since your last break up was that painful, this guy would do that and worse if hes like what you just described.

Practice better judgement. People are not always what they seem, and some put on pretty good shows and there true colors are NOT what you would expect.

That is so unbelievably cruel, rude and unnecessary. Let me tell you that you are a NOT a butter face. Just because you have acne, or use makeup, does not automatically make you a butter face!! Personally, I just hate the term altogether--I'm a believer that every person has something beautiful about them.

I can't even believe you liked this boy, but I'd be hypocritical for thinking that because last year/this year I've gone through a similar situation. I liked this guy who was really nice to me at first, then over the months got increasingly cruel/manipulative with me. When I started breaking out badly with acne mid year, I heard him make a joke about it to one of our mutual friends and it just killed me. Ever since then I've been 1000x more self conscious about anything on my face. I cried a lot over him. But after telling all the horrible things he said to me to my family and friends, they were shocked. And they made me realize that he is just ONE person in this world. Not everyone is going to be good--that's a given. You're going to encounter assholes all your life. Whether they make fun of your skin, or choose to focus in on something else, they're only doing it to get a leg up on you. To feel better about themselves. And you do NOT want those people in your life.

Moreover I see attractive people with acne everyday. Boys and girls. I've seen people with acne dating people without acne. Acne does NOT mean you are unattractive and it does NOT have to be the reason you're single. The right person will not give a damn about what your skin looks like. I know that I would never care whether my boyfriend had pimples, or acne scarring, or whatever.

Just remember that for every asshole like your crush, there are better people out there who are going to lift you up instead of putting you down.

Firstly that guy is complete douchebag. So yeah why would want to be with someone like that.

Secondly. Great personality, always smiling and great to be around. You tick the 3 key aspects of a girl i would like

Thirdly. He will get what is coming to him. I am willing to be this guy is in shape, has the look and has his hair. Believe me nature will catch up with him and rip him a new one.

I think you need to get mentally tough though. It doesn't matter what inperfection anyone has. The insecure will find a way of making fun of it to make themselves feel better about their own insecurities.

If someone calls you butter face agine (which by the way is lame insult) just say yeah, I'ts apart of me and you know what? I'm happy with my lift.

Once you accept yourself then no one can hurt you with worlds believe. But you must learn love and accept yourself. Don't care what some douche bag thinks. What kind of moronic degenerate would say "i would like you" then point out superficial flaws.

Keep your chin up and live your life. You'll be okay trust me :)

Funny! I don't want to feel sorry about you, if everyone say he's a bed guy then I'm sure he really is, I have so many negative experiences with one such a scumbag, my sister was so stuck to him, he was a drug dealer and he was in jail, my sister knew it and she didn't mind it, I guess he was 'cool' in her eyes, at the end he robbed our apartment... so here's a good question: why do girls always prefer bad guys rather than good guys? eusa_think.gif Bad guys have always been more popular among girls, even if they are less attractive, handsome and less intelligent than the good guys, why is that so? :shrug:

That is so unbelievably cruel, rude and unnecessary. Let me tell you that you are a NOT a butter face. Just because you have acne, or use makeup, does not automatically make you a butter face!! Personally, I just hate the term altogether--I'm a believer that every person has something beautiful about them.

I can't even believe you liked this boy, but I'd be hypocritical for thinking that because last year/this year I've gone through a similar situation. I liked this guy who was really nice to me at first, then over the months got increasingly cruel/manipulative with me. When I started breaking out badly with acne mid year, I heard him make a joke about it to one of our mutual friends and it just killed me. Ever since then I've been 1000x more self conscious about anything on my face. I cried a lot over him. But after telling all the horrible things he said to me to my family and friends, they were shocked. And they made me realize that he is just ONE person in this world. Not everyone is going to be good--that's a given. You're going to encounter assholes all your life. Whether they make fun of your skin, or choose to focus in on something else, they're only doing it to get a leg up on you. To feel better about themselves. And you do NOT want those people in your life.

Moreover I see attractive people with acne everyday. Boys and girls. I've seen people with acne dating people without acne. Acne does NOT mean you are unattractive and it does NOT have to be the reason you're single. The right person will not give a damn about what your skin looks like. I know that I would never care whether my boyfriend had pimples, or acne scarring, or whatever.

Just remember that for every asshole like your crush, there are better people out there who are going to lift you up instead of putting you down.

My friends and family were shocked when I told them what happened. Lets just say, I'm so DONE with that guy and his mixed signals. His insult was my breaking point. I have met a nice guy, but unfortunately he lives 4 hours away. I told him I didn't want him to be disappointed and that I have acne. He said he still thought I was beautiful♥ One door was slammed in my face, another opened :D

If I was a boy, I'd much rather a girlfriend who had a good body, bubbly personality and happy, than a clear skinned but unfit, boring and depressed....

Just my opinion.

But yeah, i'm always convinced people/guys can't look past my acne. It completely shatters any self esteem, but I try and smile through it, and not care about people thinking I'm attractive or not. But ofcourse its hard :/