Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
chelslaw

Female W/moderate Hormonal Adult Acne: Will The Regimen Help?

hello

i've tried lots of things for my acne, its only resurfaced in the last two years (im 28 now)

sometimes its mild, sometimes moderate, i have closed comedones and acne cysts. only on my chin area.

wondering if the regimen might help me? i bought cetaphil cleanser and moisturizer and oxy 2.5% benzol....

i would have thought so too, however ive read dozens and dozens of reviews from people on the regimen who are adult females with some acne cysts and the regimen worked for them

im going to give it a try since i have all the supplies already.

I hate to disagree but most acne IS hormone related, most activities in the body are connected to hormones one way or another, in exception of perhaps certain cleansers, makeup, etc, but I'd think it'd be more of a breakout and not acne related. I personally knew my problem was hormone related, I would get these big cystic pimples, mind you I never had "acne", but when I broke out I always got these huge cyst's that took forever to go away, and afterwards would leave a scar. I got on BC but it just made the problem way worse, and I realized contaminating my body with synthetic hormones in the long run was not something I wanted to do. I wish I would of looked into topical or natural treatments before getting on BC since it messed up my skin so much, and my hormones as well. I got on the regimen about a month ago and barely have been noticing improvements, but I'm also taking zinc supplements, drinking 8-10 glasses of water, and drinking 1-2 cups of green tea every day, so I'm sure that has something to do with it as well. I much rather use BP and more of a a natural approach then some anti-biotics they have out there, that's personally my opinion. Many need these anti-biotics in order to get rid of their acne, but I think you should give the regimen a try, definitely look at ALL your options before looking into something like anti-biotics. Even though your acne is hormonal I think BP can prevent those pimples from forming, since bacteria can't live in oxygenated environments. While some have not had success with the regimen, many, many have, give a try, and stay positive, good luck!

Edited by reyrey

The regimen is worth a shot for just about anyone with acne. And I agree with reyrey, most acne is hormonal or related to horomones. That's why the majority of people with acne are teenagers; they're at the age when horomones are released such as testosterone, which is known to cause acne for many people.

So, I'd say try it. I'm on the regimen, my skin is almost completely clear, and I'm pretty sure my acne is hormonal.

Best of luck.

Yes... you can have hope with the regimen! I have BAD hormonal acne...I call it my "beard" because all my acne was in the places where men grow facial hair. Nothing worked for me. Aldactone was the only thing that would but it takes months (up to 6) to really see acne clearing...and its not safe to take when you are pregnant. So I thought, hey I'll give the regimen a shot. The first month was AWFUL. I wanted to give up so much. I pushed through it thanks to the help of the acne.org community... and here I am starting my 7th week having clearer skin than I have had in a long time. I believe in the regimen. Good luck my friend!

thank you so much!! i just started this morning, ill work my way up to the full Bp amount slowly and hopefully have success in the first couple of months! fingers crossed!

i just bought some jojoba oil to add to my moisturizer as well.

ps- i get all my acne in the "beard" areas as well :)