Notifications
Clear all

Apple Cider Vinegar Followed By Coconut Oil

MemberMember
(@lisa875)

Posted : 09/22/2012 10:00 pm

I found this remedy here. I am so bad at navigating this site that I have never been able to find it again. But I have been doing this for so many months that I don't even know how long it's been. Maybe 8 months? Maybe more.

Anyway, it was posted by someone who said to wash your face with a gentle soap, use apple cider vinegar all over as an astringent (I have never before been able to use an astringent. It always made things worse.) and then put coconut oil on your face as a moisturizer. Coconut oil is a natural anti-bacterial she said and a very important part of the whole thing. It worked miracles right away but my face would continue to break out occasionally. Sometimes with a really awful cyst but they never last as long as they used to. I kept doing it and now months and months later, my skin hardly ever breaks out and I haven't had a huge cyst in a long time. I don't remember the last one. I'm afraid to even type that and one will appear but it is true. I tried also drinking one or two tablespoons twice a day but honestly, that seems to keep me breaking out. When I started forgetting that part, the acne got better. The original post I read didn't say anything about drinking it. It was something I read in another post and decided to try on my own. I wouldn't recommend that part. Apple cider vinegar is good to drink for other things like sore throats and losing weight maybe but I didn't find it helpful for acne.

Anyway, I have had a lifetime problem (I'm 45), I had accutane in my 20's which worked for about 10 years or so and also breast cancer so I don't want to do any long term anti-biotic treatment.

Hope this helps someone. AC Vinegar (I use Bragg's but I started with regular old Shop Rite) and Virgin Coconut Oil ($15 in a supplement store for a good one but it will last you forever). It helped me a lot when I read the original post and I would love to thank that person!

MemberMember
(@exister)

Posted : 09/22/2012 10:14 pm

I drink ACV and eat Coconut Oil. I used to put ACV on my face but as of yesterday started putting the CO on my face instead. Don't think I'd try both at once. Congratulations on finding something that works for you.

I'm starting to worry about the effects of ACV on my teeth though...

MemberMember
(@exister)

Posted : 09/24/2012 9:14 am

Would it be possible for ACV to work well on my cheeks but make my nose and forehead worse? Because that seems to be the case.

MemberMember
(@enlightened1990)

Posted : 09/25/2012 12:31 am

Hi, I can vouch for this remedy. I just posted an update in my thread about ACV. This stuff is amazing.

Important, make sure if you try ACV that it's ORGANIC. Braggs is the brand everyone recommends.

MemberMember
(@cosmic-crusader)

Posted : 10/03/2012 9:12 pm

AHHHH be careful!! Coconut oil was great for my body but clogged the pores from my chest up! Took me weeks (if not months) to recover from applying twice. I was using virgin, organic but it jacked me up! I have read about it working wonders for some, though!