Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Marronn05

So Scared

So I have been on the regimen since April 2011 and I can honestly say my face is perfect, it's been a miracle after being on Accutane three times! I only treat chin and the regimen has seriously changed my life. Since about 4 weeks in I've never looked back. Now for the bad news. I went to get Active FX today, just around my forehead and eyes where some small lines have appeared recently. Anyways, I had numbing cream appleid to forehead and eyes. I am so gentle putting my moisturiser around my chin like the regimen suggests, that sometimes there is still some moisturiser sitting there in the afternoon. For some stupid reason the nurse thought it was numbing cream and swiped wet cotton roll across my chin to wipe it off. I nearly had a break down. Cried in my car for like an hour afterwards. I don't know what to do and if this will affect my face, I'm so upset and scared right now. I have been loving my life for almost a year and a half after years of misery quite frankly. My face scars really easily so any new things will linger for ages. I'd love to know if anyone had anything like this happen and how did they get on? I never even touch my face during the day so this was very upsetting for me.

So I have been on the regimen since April 2011 and I can honestly say my face is perfect, it's been a miracle after being on Accutane three times! I only treat chin and the regimen has seriously changed my life. Since about 4 weeks in I've never looked back. Now for the bad news. I went to get Active FX today, just around my forehead and eyes where some small lines have appeared recently. Anyways, I had numbing cream appleid to forehead and eyes. I am so gentle putting my moisturiser around my chin like the regimen suggests, that sometimes there is still some moisturiser sitting there in the afternoon. For some stupid reason the nurse thought it was numbing cream and swiped wet cotton roll across my chin to wipe it off. I nearly had a break down. Cried in my car for like an hour afterwards. I don't know what to do and if this will affect my face, I'm so upset and scared right now. I have been loving my life for almost a year and a half after years of misery quite frankly. My face scars really easily so any new things will linger for ages. I'd love to know if anyone had anything like this happen and how did they get on? I never even touch my face during the day so this was very upsetting for me.

You're so scared about what? A nurse wiped excess moisturizer off your face with a wet cotton ball and then? I must be missing the point here.

Sorry was looking for experiences/advice on whether what happened would affect my face! Anyone?

Nothing bad will happen if someone wipes excess moisturizer off your face with a cotton ball once. Relax, follow your regimen and you'll be just fine. smile.png

Thank you AKL for the reassurance. Rush25 - the point is that Dan says never touch your face during the day, never rub your face with a towel, never use /cotton wool to wipe you face etc in cases it causes irritation. I'm so careful not to do any of those things. Then, a freakin nurse rubs my face with cotton wool. It was all red after and I was afraid it was irritated..

Oh, okay. Well in that case, don't sweat it. Relax! You're clearly dedicated to following the regimen, so try not to stress out over things you have no control over.

Edited by rush25

I agree with AKL and Rush. Just try not to worry about it. Continue to follow the regimen as usual.

Keep in mind that we cannot always control these things. A few months ago I went to the dentist and you know how they stretch your mouth open and their gloved hands do end up touching your face around your mouth. Ugh. I was concerned about that too but you know what, there's nothing you can do about it. These things are going to happen sometimes and the stress you put yourself through worrying and crying is a lot worse than the cotton ball or the dentist touching, you know?

Dan says that if you get some irritation, use some AHA on that area and it can often stop any impending breakouts, but I don't think a cotton ball would be much irritation anyway.

Thank you all so much for your very positive responses. It really means a lot :) To Brandy - did anything happen after your dentist visit? I suppose it's a very similar situation to what happened me so that's why I'm curious!

Thank you Brandy! You may have just saved me worrying over the next couple of weeks! Its four days now and I'm feeling very positive. I've actually been putting off the dentist for the exact reason you described! I haven't been there for 3 years - not even a check up! I'm terrified of the dentist in its own right so couldn't face it!!