Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
VictorL

Can Jojoba Replace My Moisturizer?

After hearing about all the wonderful benefits of jojoba oil, I want to give it a try, but I had some questions on how I can incorporate it into my morning and night routine. In the morning, is it okay if I skip my moisturizer and just mix some jojoba oil with my sunscreen? And at night, is it alright if I skip the moisturizer and mix the jojoba oil with my AHA?

Thanks a lot, Green Gables. So in the morning I should be using moisturizer plus a few drops of jojoba oil and then sunscreen right after? And then at night, I should be using moisturizer plus jojoba and then AHA right after?

Thanks a lot, Green Gables. So in the morning I should be using moisturizer plus a few drops of jojoba oil and then sunscreen right after? And then at night, I should be using moisturizer plus jojoba and then AHA right after?

Yes, except I would do AHA first at night, then wait about 20 minutes, then moisturizer. AHA is an acid, it can't penetrate effectively into your skin if there is moisturizer already on it.

Our manufacturer says that you can add some jojoba oil to the AHA when you apply it and it won't affect the efficacy of it. Dan doesn't particularly like the "feel" of the two together, but it's okay to do it if you like it. At night you can apply the AHA after the bp instead of the usual moisturizer. Dan made the AHA lotion to be very hydrating, so many people will not need to use a separate moisturizer with it.

As for using just an spf lotion and some jojoba as your daytime moisturizer, it is really going to depend on the spf lotion and whether it is going to provide as much hydration as a moisturizer would. I guess you could try it and see how it goes. If you are really dry and flaky, even with jojoba oil, you'll know you should use your moisturizer with jojoba first, then apply spf last.