Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
dcrangersfootballclub

Why Is Oatmeal Considered Good For An Acne Diet When It Contains Milk, Soya Eggs Etc ?

I don't know why it may be claimed to help with acne, but I just wanted to clarify for you that oatmeal is just oats. There's nothing else in oatmeal unless you add stuff to it. The little flavored packaged kinds of instant oatmeal are probably not what anyone has in mind that supports oatmeal for acne. Real old fashioned oats are just thinly cut oats. Nothing else.

Here's our Diet and Acne information. http://www.acne.org/diet-and-acne.html

I don't know why it may be claimed to help with acne, but I just wanted to clarify for you that oatmeal is just oats. There's nothing else in oatmeal unless you add stuff to it. The little flavored packaged kinds of instant oatmeal are probably not what anyone has in mind that supports oatmeal for acne. Real old fashioned oats are just thinly cut oats. Nothing else.

Here's our Diet and Acne information. http://www.acne.org/diet-and-acne.html

Are you sure because on the packet it says contains skimmed milk, eggs and soya, is any of that bad for acne ?.

If the product you have has all that in it, it is not just plain oatmeal.

Go buy a container of old fashioned oats (true oatmeal) there is nothing in there but oats.

It sounds like you have some sort of flavored oatmeal product, not real oatmeal.

If the product you have has all that in it, it is not just plain oatmeal.

Go buy a container of old fashioned oats (true oatmeal) there is nothing in there but oats.

It sounds like you have some sort of flavored oatmeal product, not real oatmeal.

i read the ingredients wrong it is plain oatmeal sorry.

oatmeal and barley contains beta glucan which gets rid of the bad bacteria plus fiber to clean the system.

I eat Gluten free Oats, satisfies my hunger and is good for my acne (:

I add, nuts, bannanas, craisans/raisans and other fruits to it. :D

I've never heard of anyone saying it's good for acne. It usually contains gluten, which is incredibly inflammatory and bad for skin. Plus many people are intolerant.

Eat it if you want, but I just had to counter the idea that it's being promoted as part of an acne diet. The only diet I see commonly promoted around here is the Paleo diet, which doesn't contain oatmeal or any grains at all.

It isn't 'good' for acne. Oats are just acceptable foods for most people. And they contain nothing but oats unless you add things to it or are buying some crap processed food which isn't good for you or your acne.

Yeah, exactly. They would probably be considered a part of a general "healthy" diet for most average people. But no one is recommending them specifically for acne. Recommending anything that contains a common allergen for acne sufferers would not make sense.

It isn't 'good' for acne. Oats are just acceptable foods for most people. And they contain nothing but oats unless you add things to it or are buying some crap processed food which isn't good for you or your acne.

Why are they not good for acne if they are just oats ?.

Oats contain gluten (unless you get a gluten free brand, which there are only a few). In general, most cereals and what not are not good for acne sufferers. They are illegal on the specific carb diet because they prevent healing of the digestive track.

Why are they not good for acne if they are just oats ?.

As I said, they are ok for most people. They are not good in that there is really nothing about them that is particularly good for acne. As opposed to greens, for example.