Notifications
Clear all

2.5% Bp -> 5% Bp

MemberMember
(@spleenharvester)

Posted : 09/22/2012 7:14 am

A couple of days ago I started using Oxy On The Spot cream 2.5%Bp. It's working pretty damn good, less breakouts, did have a couple of 'em go cystic but they cleared up.

Would I be safe switching to Quinoderm 5%Bp cream? I'm worried something between the two brands will interact and I'll be back at square 1 again.

I have light acne for the record. Mostly scarring, now.

Cheers

MemberMember
(@green-gables)

Posted : 09/22/2012 10:50 am

2.5% is better for most people, a lot of people get irritation at 5%.

MemberMember
(@spleenharvester)

Posted : 09/29/2012 7:31 pm

Just an update, 2.5% has stopped working so well, it is working to some extent but nowhere near what it was. Though I'm not getting any irritation anymore, either. Should I try up to 5% now?

I have quite a lot of scarring and light acne as before so should I try Bio-oil or Quinoderm 5% next? I also have undiluted tea tree oil around somewhere.

MemberMember
(@brandolynn)

Posted : 10/01/2012 8:33 pm

Since bp seems to do well for you, try doing Dan's regimen. You may not be using enough of it.

http://www.acne.org/regimen

MemberMember
(@lovegreensmoothies)

Posted : 10/04/2012 9:24 pm

Just an update, 2.5% has stopped working so well, it is working to some extent but nowhere near what it was. Though I'm not getting any irritation anymore, either. Should I try up to 5% now?

I have quite a lot of scarring and light acne as before so should I try Bio-oil or Quinoderm 5% next? I also have undiluted tea tree oil around somewhere.

I got somewhat clear on 2.5% but still has some outbreaks, especially at TOTM. I switched to 5% and I'm now clear.

I have no idea what quinodeem (sp?) is so I can't comment and tea tree never worked for me.

MemberMember
(@armadillo)

Posted : 10/07/2012 5:07 pm

This depends entirely on how sensitive your skin is. If you have very sensitive skin, I would be cautious of using 5%, but if you've been using 2.5% and it didn't cause any irritation I'd say you are fine to slowly move onto 5%.

I use the Quinoderm range, but I use the 10% one, unfortunately nothing weaker works for my skin. rolleyes.gif

All of the Quinoderm creams also contain a small amount of an anti-bacterial agent, if your acne is the inflammatory [red] type, that could also help.

I really don't recommend you put raw/undiluted tea tree oil on your skin, it is extremely harsh and aggravating. Mix it with water in a 1:1 ratio.