Notifications
Clear all

What Is The Right Treatment For Pih

MemberMember
(@ibot123)

Posted : 09/22/2012 5:22 am

I have mild-moderate acne. few pimples here and there. My face literally cover with red marks. It hard to see on this picture because of the (yellow lighting). Had red marks over 1 1/2 year. I trying hard to been my acne undercontrol. looking for a treatment that would help my acne and red marks. Done some research on v-beam seem very promising. Any one had a treatment that clear acne/redmark, please let me know smile.png and the price.

MemberMember
(@pih-sufferer)

Posted : 10/22/2012 6:22 pm

Hi, I am sorry to say that the only way PIH disappears currently, is over time. Ointments and creams donot work. I am an Indian and I get baaad PIH scars after zits break, I hardly ever develop zits but when they form, they leave behind some pretty nasty looking scars. I developed a bad zit about an inch below my right eye when I was 20 and proceeded to be a wise ass and use a needle to puncture it, because a hot wet towel was not working, this led to a brown scar about the size of a punch hole(think papers) with a yellow core. This was too disgusting for me and the timing could not be worse, as it was the heart of college summer party season .I was not willing to wait for it to fade , without thinking clearly I proceeded to use a file to destroy the skin ( my rationale: new skin would form and old skin would disappear) . MAN! Was I wrong..

This developed into the worst bruise ever, starting off with blue/ black to blue/ brown to black and yellow and then finally a dark brown which stayed with me for 1 year and 7 months.

I am now 23, it was a horrible experience sufficed to say as I was too proud of my looks. I tried everything possible to reduce the scar but NOTHING worked even the best and brightest, most glittering products only burned my hopes and my wallet. My really dark scar which I thought to be permanent didnt necessarily fade subsequently over time; it took about a year and 1 month before I finally started seeing less color and within another 6 months my skin had grown back to normal. Skin WILL repair itself. I hope no one has to go through having a disfiguring scar on their face but please know this: it WILL disappear and you WILL laugh about it with those who never cared about your looks. IT just takes time.Hi, this is the only truth there is to the PIH problem (time heals all wounds or in this case scars). I am an Indian and I get baaad PIH scars after zits break, I hardly ever develop zits but when they form, they leave behind some pretty nasty looking scars. I developed a bad zit about an inch below my right eye when I was 20 and proceeded to be a wise ass and use a needle to puncture it, because a hot wet towel was not working, this led to a brown scar about the size of a punch hole(think papers) with a yellow core. This was too disgusting for me and the timing could not be worse, as it was the heart of college summer party season .I was not willing to wait for it to fade , without thinking clearly I proceeded to use a file to destroy the skin ( my rationale: new skin would form and old skin would disappear) . MAN! Was I wrong..

This developed into the worst bruise ever, starting off with blue/ black to blue/ brown to black and yellow and then finally a dark brown which stayed with me for 1 year and 7 months.

I am now 23, it was a horrible experience sufficed to say as I was too proud of my looks. I tried everything possible to reduce the scar but NOTHING worked even the best and brightest, most glittering products only burned my hopes and my wallet. My really dark scar which I thought to be permanent didnt necessarily fade subsequently over time; it took about a year and 1 month before I finally started seeing less color and within another 6 months my skin had grown back to normal. Skin WILL repair itself. I hope no one has to go through having a disfiguring scar on their face but please know this: it WILL disappear and you WILL laugh about it with those who never cared about your looks. IT just takes time.

MemberMember
(@carp351)

Posted : 11/17/2012 4:55 am

Technically they are not scars but marks.

MemberMember
(@lollypopfield)

Posted : 11/18/2012 9:44 pm

PIH shouldn't be something to wrap your head around too much.

- its temporary

- it fades (with time)

- accelerate the fading with alpha hydroxy acid products

MemberMember
(@green-gables)

Posted : 12/21/2012 11:19 pm

For pure PIH (meaning it's not an indented scar and it's also not broken capillaries), you are better off with non-laser treatments. Less risky, less costly.

Get some 50% lactic acid peels and do them weekly.

MemberMember
(@butterfly-transit)

Posted : 06/25/2015 12:40 pm

Hi try peels like the other guy sed!!!