Notifications
Clear all

Recurring Papules In Same Spot. Won't Go Away?

MemberMember
(@sarah25)

Posted : 09/21/2012 6:42 pm

I'm 22 and have mild-moderate adult acne that usually flares up in the summer because I work outside and sweat a lot, etc (blah).

I'm currently trying to clear up my most recent break out, which was a pretty bad one on my lower cheeks. I'm on Epiduo and have been for exactly a month. I had a bad IB from it but that has since calmed down, and my redness is finally starting to subside a bit. I'm not getting as many pimples but my skin definitely isn't clear.

Anyway, my biggest issue is one spot on my right cheek. Since this breakout started, I've had a cluster of VERY painful papules.. about 3-4 in the same spot. And every time one starts to go away, ANOTHER one comes back. It looks gross but it mostly just painful. And the Epiduo hasn't done anything for it.

I've tried antibiotics and no luck, and am just starting YAZ so I'm hoping that may help. I'm also on Omega 3, Zinc, and a couple probiotics because I'm not eating dairy but want the good bacteria because I've heard it can do wonders.

Anyone have ANY suggestions for this problem area? Is it just something I have to accept? Its BEYOND annoying when the rest of your face is slowly clearing up and this one spot just won't go away. It looks terrible and most of all is just uncomfortable. The slightest brush against it with my hand and I almost cry.

Thanks for any help guys.

Sarah

MemberMember
(@green-gables)

Posted : 09/21/2012 9:09 pm

I'm 22 and have mild-moderate adult acne that usually flares up in the summer because I work outside and sweat a lot, etc (blah).

I'm currently trying to clear up my most recent break out, which was a pretty bad one on my lower cheeks. I'm on Epiduo and have been for exactly a month. I had a bad IB from it but that has since calmed down, and my redness is finally starting to subside a bit. I'm not getting as many pimples but my skin definitely isn't clear.

Anyway, my biggest issue is one spot on my right cheek. Since this breakout started, I've had a cluster of VERY painful papules.. about 3-4 in the same spot. And every time one starts to go away, ANOTHER one comes back. It looks gross but it mostly just painful. And the Epiduo hasn't done anything for it.

I've tried antibiotics and no luck, and am just starting YAZ so I'm hoping that may help. I'm also on Omega 3, Zinc, and a couple probiotics because I'm not eating dairy but want the good bacteria because I've heard it can do wonders.

Anyone have ANY suggestions for this problem area? Is it just something I have to accept? Its BEYOND annoying when the rest of your face is slowly clearing up and this one spot just won't go away. It looks terrible and most of all is just uncomfortable. The slightest brush against it with my hand and I almost cry.

Thanks for any help guys.

Sarah

Yaz will probably do the trick. Recurring stuff like that on the cheeks and chin tends to be related to hormones.

You're on the right track with the probiotics. Antibiotics ironically kill your immune system, only way to fix this is probiotics.

Don't overdo fish oil. It's good for you, but some people are sensitive to high amounts. You may not need to take it every day.

Your zinc supplement should have some copper in it as well. (Your body needs a certain ratio of copper and zinc.) If it doesn't you need to get an additional copper supplement. You need 300 mcg (that's MICROgrams) of copper for every 30 mg (that's MILLIgrams) of zinc. Don't take more than 30 mg of zinc a day.

MemberMember
(@tuffluck)

Posted : 09/22/2012 7:07 pm

You can try anti fungal.

MemberMember
(@9chal)

Posted : 10/16/2013 6:50 pm

Hi. I have the exact same problem as you and I'm 23. If you manage to cure it, can you tell me how?