Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
iskate

Starting The Regimen Tonight!

I just recieved the regimen today and I'm so excited about this product. I was just wondering what should I expect from this product within the first 2 weeks. Oh yeah should I use the AHA+ & Jojoba oil?

Personally i wouldn't use the AHA to begin.. as it can be too drying. Let you face get used to using the BP first.. and then gradually introduce small amounts of AHA 1-2 times a week, adding it to your moisturiser. Everyone's face is different though, so only you can really tell when, and how much you need to use. My advice would be to start the regimen really slowly though.

Definitely start using jojoba oil straight away though... it really works and will help combat the drying effect of the BP.

By 2 weeks you should be using enough of the BP to notice a difference in your skin/breakouts. Depending on the level of your acne.. you could even be clear. But if you aren't, don't get too disappointed... some people take a few months.. by which time you should be using the full amount of the product.

Good luck... and remember, START GRADUALLY.

Edited by tricky

I agree with Tricky... Don't use aha at the beginning but jojoba is fine. As for the next two weeks, I wouldn't set your expectations TOO high, depends on what kind of acne you have. Normally you should expect redness, mild flaking and still acne in the first week, second week, flaking, and some clearing of the breakouts, of course if you still break out in week two that's perfectly normal. Good luck!

agree with the other responses regarding AHA. i would wait on jojoba until you start getting really dry and flaky and then you will know that you even need the jojoba. if you start using it right away you may be unnecessarily using it.

as for what to expect: most people honestly see major results after just a few days. i remember when i first started the regimen i saw a BIG difference literally in one day. it was awesome. sometimes you will purge and breakout after the first week after you experience some clearing, but it will clear up quickly and usually by weeks 3-4 you are exponentially more clear. it is a great feeling to get clear, but there will be struggles and remember, not everyone is the same so dont be discouraged if your skin takes a little longer to clear up.

Thanks for the feedback guys i appreciate it. So far everything is going smooth. Just a little irritation and redness from the bp but that's about it. I'll probably hold on the AHA for about 2 weeks. What is AHA suppose to do anyways? Oh yeah just a quick update on my acne, I definitely see a noticable difference with my acne. I haven't had a breakout at all since i started the Regimen. Besides a pimple here and there. Wow this stuff is amazing. Normally when I start using a new product i either break out really bad or I see no difference at all with my skin. I don't want to get my hopes up but I have a good feeling about this product! It's definitely worth a try if you haven't tried it yet. Once again thanks for the help acne.org community you guys have been so helpful.