Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ihateacne16

Acne. Worst Thing In High School.

Hi my name is William and I started to have acne when I was in 7th grade. At that time I was popular, active and girls would whisper "That guy is cute".those were the best years of my life.Then I got acne. My life changed, I avoided people, skipped social events, and became addicted to the internet and games. Even my girlfriend dumped me because she thought it might be contagious..

The weird thing is that it was only on my forehead..

Then I started high school and the acne switched to my face, but avoided my forehead. I would break out almost weekly, not severe acne, but it was enough to get people to avoid me and i avoided them. I knew i had to change my habits but I was also lazy, so i bought the acne kits and all. It helped for a while, but after it just could not stop the breakout, so I went on to proactiv which also didnt work. the list goes on and on.

But acne has made me miss so many events, I dont even hang out with my old friends(popular kids) even though I get invite, I dont go to parties, I dont go to school dance(eg homecoming, prom), cant talk to girls face to face(im just a AVOID with girls, althought im supposedly hilarious with guys), I dont play sports. I feel like I missed so much, thats what so frustrating about acne. I used to tell me self, dont worry people wont judge you. in high school everybody judges you.

Feel free to rant about your stories on how acne ruined your life. ive been told im a good listener

Having acne has definitely lowered my 'cockiness' and confidence. I avoid any kind of socializing events :/ Over the years I've just isolated myself more and more and not just from acne but also from my personal issues & thoughts.

I've had pimples since I was 10 and it would clear up sometimes and get worse other times; when I was 14 is when my severe acne acted up and never left. I've had acne on my back, arms, chest and neck as well. Both of my parents had severe acne when they were young, but my mother is the one whose scarring is severe. I feel very intimidated by people with clear skin & I'm more comfortable around people who have skin problems (sorry if that sounds shallow or bad). I haven't visited my old friends from my last school because I don't want them to see what my skin looks like now. I am ashamed to leave my house without make up on usually; some days I feel better.

Sometimes I wonder what I could have been doing if I never got acne. I know none of us should dwell on the thought, but how can you not help it? It isn't fair, that some people just get marvellous skin while we suffer and it eats our confidence. I'll never have skin like I used to when I was 8. My mom ridicules me about my skin, she always has. People don't talk to me because I don't talk to people because I am insecure because of said issues. Selfish? Maybe..

Especially being a girl, I feel disgusting - especially without make up on. I just don't feel like I should bother with trying to look 'good'. My mom once said, "What's the point of you wearing nice clothes if your skin isn't even clear?" Yeah.

So instead of spending my week ends with friends and having fun, I stay home, eat until I hate myself & watch movies on my computer. I think I may have developed an on and off binge eating disorder (I guess it's called EDNOS).

Having acne has definitely lowered my 'cockiness' and confidence. I avoid any kind of socializing events :/ Over the years I've just isolated myself more and more and not just from acne but also from my personal issues & thoughts.

I've had pimples since I was 10 and it would clear up sometimes and get worse other times; when I was 14 is when my severe acne acted up and never left. I've had acne on my back, arms, chest and neck as well. Both of my parents had severe acne when they were young, but my mother is the one whose scarring is severe. I feel very intimidated by people with clear skin & I'm more comfortable around people who have skin problems (sorry if that sounds shallow or bad). I haven't visited my old friends from my last school because I don't want them to see what my skin looks like now. I am ashamed to leave my house without make up on usually; some days I feel better.

Sometimes I wonder what I could have been doing if I never got acne. I know none of us should dwell on the thought, but how can you not help it? It isn't fair, that some people just get marvellous skin while we suffer and it eats our confidence. I'll never have skin like I used to when I was 8. My mom ridicules me about my skin, she always has. People don't talk to me because I don't talk to people because I am insecure because of said issues. Selfish? Maybe..

Especially being a girl, I feel disgusting - especially without make up on. I just don't feel like I should bother with trying to look 'good'. My mom once said, "What's the point of you wearing nice clothes if your skin isn't even clear?" Yeah.

So instead of spending my week ends with friends and having fun, I stay home, eat until I hate myself & watch movies on my computer. I think I may have developed an on and off binge eating disorder (I guess it's called EDNOS).

Next time tell your mom if she had had better quality breastmilk (or fed you less formula), you might not even have acne.

Dr. Ayers has done a bunch of research showing that when mothers don't breastfeed their babies, or when their breastmilk is poor quality, they don't transfer a lot of necessary materials for the baby's healthy immune function. There is a really strong correlation between formula-fed babies (or breast-fed babies from moms with inadequate gut flora) and acne. She could very well be the reason you have acne tongue.png

Edited by Green Gables

Tell me about it!

I'm 18 and I just started getting acne when I was 17. Before that, I will have, in worst case scenarios, three fairly sized acne under my nose or in my chin. Now I have pimples in my cheeks (though I'm glad it doesn't take my whole face, only the major part of my cheeks near the nose, and my forehead is smooth), plus the scars make me look five times worse. It makes it seem as if I have more pimples that I actually have. During worst periods, my pimples reach the number of at least 5 on each cheek. I have these ugly stuff in my face for a year now and I keep begging that this ends soon. There are times when I just wanna hide. Those are the times when I feel like I'm Beast from that old fairy tale.

Teen years are crucial years. During this period, our social life develops and our understanding with our relationships to people grow. Because of pimples, I feel like a superhero without his powers. I used to be self confident (albeit shy) and happy, but now, my self confidence is deteriorating, so does my happiness while I'm this young. Before, I thought I kinda look good, but now, sometimes, I honestly think that I am ugly. Screw acne.

In my school, my friends also have acne, but not as many as mine. Plus, their pimples are smaller and are separated and do not leave hideous scars. It really makes me feel uncomfortable, feeling like I'm the only one in my own little world. I'm kinda glad there is a forum like this.

The stuff I do to be clear again isn't as complex as most of the users here do. In every two weeks on average, pimples disappear from my face, but the scars stay so it does not look soooo better. During this period, I use a bleaching cream that also exfoliates and for a while, I'll look at least 50% better. But pimples come back just after a while and will leave ugly scars again.

Now I plan to fix my problem by using benzoyl peroxide plus healthy diet. The diet I wanna have is to eat more fruits, drink more water, and eat less sugar and less meat, except for chicken. I wish this will help me. I tried using benzoyl peroxide last year, but being who I am, an impatient kid, I stopped at once when I thought it wasn't working. Well, good luck to me this time, and good luck to you guys too.

@Knittings: Your mom makes your situation a whole lot harder. I already feel bad when one of my friends notices my pimples. What more if it's my mom? Pffffffffffffft.....

I get what you're going through. I've had acne since I was 9 or 10. I was as popular as a fourth grader could be. Then I switched schools for my fifth grade year and I was the nerdy girl with acne and an awful haircut who never dressed right. I'm in 8th grade now, and I still have some acne. It's not super serious, but I easily have the worst acne at my school. My brother used to make fun of me all the time, he never really knew how much that hurt, so that really lowered my self esteem. Now he has about the same amount, maybe even a little bit more acne than he does. I've never once made fun of him, cause I know it hurts. I also avoid social events-especially as my best friend and I had a fight last year, and I still haven't found my new place in the popularity pyramid. Thankfully, my acne gotten a lot better this year due to some new products, taking certain vitamins, and cutting out certain foods(if anybody wants to know my products, vitamins, and mini diet I've been doing, just ask and I'm happy to answer) and I finally have clothes that are "in", I wear contacts, and I've grown out my hair since 5th grade. I'm more athletic, which I find helps my acne, and more outgoing. Things will get better, you just have to put yourself out there and find people who like you for exactly the way you are.