Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
soldier019

Accutane 6 Month Treatment. Changed My Life!

For those wondering if they should look into getting prescribed Accutane. My opinion is YES do it! If you are a qualified candidate for the drug and have severe cystic acne like I did. Within the first two months of taking Accutane. I started to noticed the difference! For a long time I truly believed nothing was going to help. I've never had a problem with Acne until I left for basic training in the Army. After that, my acne just seemed to get worse and worse as the day goes by. I tried EVERYTHING! Over the counter, home remedies. Countless research online. Reading reviews on different products.. spending countless amount of cash on products I thought would work. I was truly desperate for clear skin! After all I am in the military, and looking good in uniform is one thing. But not having a clear acne free face was another. I finally decided to book an appointment with a Dermatologist. At first they didn't prescribe Accutane to me with the first couple visits. It wasn't until the medication they gave me, that didn't seem to help at all. Was than the suggestion of Accutane. I was totally for it! I wanted clear skin and was willing to take upon the dangers of this drug. And what ever side effects came along with it. I signed the consent forms and within the first two months I started to notice improvement. The first month was just a trial and I was on 40mg per day. The second month all the way till the last month was 80mg a day. One in the morning and one at night. Within in the first few months. I started to notice how severely chapped my lips began to get. I ALWAYS carried around chap stick every where I went. Still do to this day. And if my lips began to become severely cracked. I applied Neosporin at night before I went to bed to the outer portion of my lips. The doctor prescribed Aquaphor to me for the dryness. But I didn't like the glossy look it gave to my skin. And was uncomfortable to sleep with that at night. So I rarely used it.

All and all. Im extremely satisfied with my new healthy skin. Makes me a lot more confident in the way I look. And how Im able to go about my day without having to worry about my look/appearance from how my face looked before I was on Accutane. I most definitely recommend this product to anyone who needs the help that over the counter products just can't seem to work!

post-184864-0-29225200-1348194989_thumb.

post-184864-0-68838600-1348194996_thumb.

post-184864-0-64539600-1348195170_thumb.

post-184864-0-47983700-1348195201_thumb.

post-184864-0-29225200-1348194989_thumb.

post-184864-0-68838600-1348194996_thumb.

post-184864-0-64539600-1348195170_thumb.

post-184864-0-47983700-1348195201_thumb.

congratulations! it must feel awesome to finally have clear skin. i think we all know what a burden acne is and it's always nice to hear success stories. i actually had a dermatologist appointment this morning and she keeps suggesting Accutane to me but i've been reluctant to go that route (even though i am currently on Bactrim which has potential severe side effects). i am seriously considering Accutane but i want to try more natural means first.

it's strange, you say you didn't have acne before you left for basic training... i have been pondering this sort of thing. i never had acne until around the point i started a job i had at a call center. it's really weird, i never really had problems before then and afterwards i had acne all the time. i thought it might have been stress-related, but it couldn't be. i sometimes wonder if it could be some sort of poisoning/infection that gets in your system that won't come out... anyway...

i'm glad to read about your success. i needed something positive after tonight!