Notifications
Clear all

When Did You See Aha Results?

MemberMember
(@fuze)

Posted : 09/20/2012 2:39 pm

How long did it take for red marks, texture, and complexion to be improved while using AHA? Please also state how often you used it.

Were you able to return your skin to pre-acne conditions?

Thanks

MemberMember
(@rush25)

Posted : 09/20/2012 3:00 pm

It's definitely a gradual process. I don't recall waking up one morning and recognizing a marked difference in my skin from the AHA. I'd say after a month or so, I started noticing that my skin looked better -- smoother, softer, more even skin tone, felt more supple, and just looked healthier. I've been using Dan's AHA for a couple years now and it's absolutely an essential part of my regimen. I use it every night after applying BP.

MemberMember
(@fuze)

Posted : 09/20/2012 4:15 pm

It's definitely a gradual process. I don't recall waking up one morning and recognizing a marked difference in my skin from the AHA. I'd say after a month or so, I started noticing that my skin looked better -- smoother, softer, more even skin tone, felt more supple, and just looked healthier. I've been using Dan's AHA for a couple years now and it's absolutely an essential part of my regimen. I use it every night after applying BP.

Do you apply as much AHA as you would the moisturizer? Or do you use far less?

MemberMember
(@rush25)

Posted : 09/20/2012 4:34 pm

I use about two pea sized dollops.

MemberMember
(@fuze)

Posted : 09/20/2012 4:38 pm

I just don't understand how people can use so little to cover the entire face. I feel like I need a fingers length of anything just to spread it around everywhere.

MemberMember
(@rush25)

Posted : 09/20/2012 6:03 pm

I just don't understand how people can use so little to cover the entire face. I feel like I need a fingers length of anything just to spread it around everywhere.

Then use however much you think you need to cover your face.

MemberMember
(@clambak3)

Posted : 09/20/2012 6:28 pm

Yeah but it makes your skin feel greasy and too much of a good thing can still be bad. Less is more until you find out exactly how much works for you.

How did you gradually work your way up to every night? I use it only occasionally but I'm thinking of doing it twice a week and then maybe add one more day every week. Also, do you use it alongside your moisturizer or just use the AHA?

MemberMember
(@rush25)

Posted : 09/20/2012 11:18 pm

I didn't work up to using the AHA every night; I just started using it. I use it in place of a moisturizer every night.

And AHA doesn't make my face feel greasy at all. It leaves my face looking shiny and feeling a little tacky, but definitely not greasy.

MemberMember
(@ayeaye)

Posted : 09/20/2012 11:57 pm

I'm with Rush - I use AHA every night and it doesnt feel greasy, but definitely tacky. I don't care though, I dont mind how I look when I'm sleeping.

The improvement to my skin was gradual, but I noticed a difference after a couple of weeks and now my skin just shines.

MemberMember
(@a-p)

Posted : 09/21/2012 12:01 am

I noticed results only two days after using aha. I use a light weight moisturizer after the aha because bp is drying. The aha cream I use doesn't really moisturize so I feel I need moisturizer. I use my aha cream every night.

Use however much you need to cover your face.

MemberMember
(@fuze)

Posted : 09/23/2012 12:03 am

I have another question. On the nights I use AHA, I use the moisturizer immediately afterwards. The AHA burns too much on its own and the moisturizer soothes that a bit. It is ok to mix the two right? I am not taking away from the AHA effects by adding the moisturizer on top?

Face got very red from the AHA, mostly the areas where I already have red marks. Is it normal for them to get much brighter when you apply AHA?

MemberMember
(@ripon10)

Posted : 09/23/2012 12:12 am

That AHA should not burn or tingle for more than a minute once you apply. If it's continuing longer than that, you need to use less or stop using it and build up your tolerance. I would not mix the moisturizer and the AHA. I would not even use moisturizer after AHA at night.

MemberMember
(@a-p)

Posted : 09/23/2012 12:14 am

Aha used to burn my face when I first started using it. After two weeks it didn't burn or itch anymore. Yes, you can apply moisturizer afterward. Thats what I do and it doesn't affect the aha. You could just mix a small amount of the aha with your moisturizer.

What percent is the AHA are you using?

MemberMember
(@fuze)

Posted : 09/23/2012 12:26 am

I am using Dan's AHA it's 10%. I think I used too much because I now have some red patches on my face and it still burns. In my experience these red patches will probably be gone in the morning but right now I look blotchy. Shouldn't have used so much I guess.

MemberMember
(@a-p)

Posted : 09/23/2012 12:35 am

I'm using an 8% aha and it burned when I first was using it. Just mix a pea size amount with the recommended amount of moisturizer. Just slowly start working your way up.

MemberMember
(@ripon10)

Posted : 09/23/2012 3:19 am

Don't mix them. And if you are having that reaction, stop using it for a few days and build it back up again. Start slow.

MemberMember
(@fuze)

Posted : 09/23/2012 12:27 pm

Why are you so against mixing them? If I use a small enough amount that I won't burn my face, I can't cover most of it. If I mix a small amount with the moisturizer, it will slide around everywhere and hopefully somewhat cover everything.

MemberMember
(@thereisalwayshope)

Posted : 09/23/2012 12:54 pm

I used Dans AHA for about a month before I started noticing differences in my skins texture and smoothness. I used to mix it with half moisturizer and half AHA because it used to burn my face from the active acne that I had, but now I use just the AHA without any problem!

MemberMember
(@ripon10)

Posted : 09/23/2012 5:21 pm

Mixing it in a moisturizer dilutes it so that it's basically doing nothing, which is why it doesn't burn. Start slow. Use a small amount. If 10% is too much, you may want to find a lower percentage. If you are using it on active inflammed acne, this could be why it's stinging (you're putting acid on an open wound). You didn't state that, so not sure if that's the case.

It's possible your skin is to sensitive to use it. I use 12%. It burns every time I apply it for about 15 seconds, which is normal. Anything burning beyond a minute or two max could very well be damaging your skin.

Find a local esthetician and seek advice. The products I use are through a licensed esthetician. I can call her anytime I have a question on a product. Don't think you can call Dan, so my advice would be to find someone you can. Don't play chemist with your skin unless you know what you're doing.

MemberMember
(@rush25)

Posted : 09/23/2012 6:36 pm

Why are you so against mixing them? If I use a small enough amount that I won't burn my face, I can't cover most of it. If I mix a small amount with the moisturizer, it will slide around everywhere and hopefully somewhat cover everything.

You can absolutely mix AHA with your moisturizer if you feel like the AHA alone is too strong; Dan suggests using it either way. Additionally, you can also use moisturizer after AHA if you feel like you need it. I would definitely recommend that you not use AHA if you've got any irritated areas on your face. You might consider mixing some AHA in your moisturizer for a while until your skin gets used to the AHA, and then proceed to using AHA on its own.

MemberMember
(@johnny199r)

Posted : 10/03/2012 11:28 pm

Aha worked on my back to clear up my Bacne.

However, i tried it on my forehead and had to discontinue, because it broke our my forehead worse than I've ever experienced before.

MemberMember
(@stitchedtogether)

Posted : 11/03/2012 6:41 am

Do anybody dare use it during the day?eusa_think.gif