Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I've had clear skin all my life up until my last year in high school. I just started college. In my senior year I started to get these little bumps all over my chin called closed comedones, which are very stubborn to get rid of. About a little over a month ago I started using Green Cream Level 6. I was told to use it every two days for a week, then every other day for another week, and then the next week to start using it everyday and that's exactly what I did. I haven't really had dry skin or anything, but I'm just still waiting for results. I can see that the comedones on my chin are decreasing very slowly maybe a little bit, but now I'm starting to have little bumps in the area between my cheeks and my nose and it's really bringing down my self-esteem, a lot. I never had bad skin up until now and it's unfair. I don't even like to look in mirror anymore. I'm just wondering if ANYONE has struggled with the same issue as me? Did you use Green Cream and see results? Have you had closed comedones on your face and got rid of them? SOMEONE HELP. I'm really hating my life at the moment.

-They say Green Cream should start to show results 30-60 days later and so far I've been using it for 35 days

-I used to go tanning a lot, but I stopped right before I started using the Green Cream and have stayed out of the sun

-I use a gentle face wash twice a day (morning and night) but use a green tea scrub about twice a week

I've had clear skin all my life up until my last year in high school. I just started college. In my senior year I started to get these little bumps all over my chin called closed comedones, which are very stubborn to get rid of. About a little over a month ago I started using Green Cream Level 6. I was told to use it every two days for a week, then every other day for another week, and then the next week to start using it everyday and that's exactly what I did. I haven't really had dry skin or anything, but I'm just still waiting for results. I can see that the comedones on my chin are decreasing very slowly maybe a little bit, but now I'm starting to have little bumps in the area between my cheeks and my nose and it's really bringing down my self-esteem, a lot. I never had bad skin up until now and it's unfair. I don't even like to look in mirror anymore. I'm just wondering if ANYONE has struggled with the same issue as me? Did you use Green Cream and see results? Have you had closed comedones on your face and got rid of them? SOMEONE HELP. I'm really hating my life at the moment.

-They say Green Cream should start to show results 30-60 days later and so far I've been using it for 35 days

-I used to go tanning a lot, but I stopped right before I started using the Green Cream and have stayed out of the sun

-I use a gentle face wash twice a day (morning and night) but use a green tea scrub about twice a week

Retinol is the weaker cousin of a retinoid. I couldn't even get those closed comedones with a prescription retinoid, which is still more potent than Green Cream Level 6, so I'm not surprised you're getting disappointing results. What retinol and retinoids do is communicate with the BOTTOM layer of the skin and tell it to re-form. This is great for anti-aging and for deep embedded pimples. It is NOT so great for closed comedones. Closed comedones are actually further up the skin layers than the retinoids talk to. Yeah, you'd think all that purging would get those closed comedones, but in reality it doesn't.

What is FINALLY releasing my closed comedones is Dianne Yvonne's 5% Salicylic Acid Serum once daily.

I find a lot of newbies on here are skeptical of salicylic acid because they've tried some drugstore cleanser with salicylic in it. Believe me, this is not the same thing.

A properly formulated serum is at 2.5 pH or lower and is mostly pure acid and is left on the skin. This is what Dianna Yvonne's serum is. It is also more potent at 5%. Salicylic acid at the right potency is the only acid that can actually get into that impacted pore and dissolve the blocked sebum.

Most drugstore products are cleansers that don't stay on the skin long enough for the salicylic acid to do its magic. They also have a lot of filler ingredients that hinder the acid and the overall pH is too alkaline so it negates the acid's effects anyway.

Edited by Green Gables

Retinol is the weaker cousin of a retinoid. I couldn't even get those closed comedones with a prescription retinoid, which is still more potent than Green Cream Level 6, so I'm not surprised you're getting disappointing results. What retinol and retinoids do is communicate with the BOTTOM layer of the skin and tell it to re-form. This is great for anti-aging and for deep embedded pimples. It is NOT so great for closed comedones. Closed comedones are actually further up the skin layers than the retinoids talk to. Yeah, you'd think all that purging would get those closed comedones, but in reality it doesn't.

What is FINALLY releasing my closed comedones is Dianne Yvonne's 5% Salicylic Acid Serum once daily.

I find a lot of newbies on here are skeptical of salicylic acid because they've tried some drugstore cleanser with salicylic in it. Believe me, this is not the same thing.

A properly formulated serum is at 2.5 pH or lower and is mostly pure acid and is left on the skin. This is what Dianna Yvonne's serum is. It is also more potent at 5%. Salicylic acid at the right potency is the only acid that can actually get into that impacted pore and dissolve the blocked sebum.

Most drugstore products are cleansers that don't stay on the skin long enough for the salicylic acid to do its magic. They also have a lot of filler ingredients that hinder the acid and the overall pH is too alkaline so it negates the acid's effects anyway.

So how exactly do you use this serum? Does it cause drying? And how long does it take to work?! Sorry for all of the questions

So how exactly do you use this serum? Does it cause drying? And how long does it take to work?! Sorry for all of the questions

I pour a little bit in my hand and then apply with clean fingers in a thin layer all over my face (avoid the eyes though). You can also use a cotton ball, but I feel like a cotton ball soaks up too much and I don't want to waste it. You leave it on as long as you can stand. The first time I could only leave it on about 6 minutes because it stung. So I rinsed it with cold water. Now I can just leave it on. You can apply it once or twice a day.

I started seeing results on day 3. I've had some clogged pores for YEARS and it actually got a few of them to come up. It's also made my nose sebaceous filaments a lot less noticeable.

Edited by Green Gables

I pour a little bit in my hand and then apply with clean fingers in a thin layer all over my face (avoid the eyes though). You can also use a cotton ball, but I feel like a cotton ball soaks up too much and I don't want to waste it. You leave it on as long as you can stand. The first time I could only leave it on about 6 minutes because it stung. So I rinsed it with cold water. Now I can just leave it on. You can apply it once or twice a day.

I started seeing results on day 3. I've had some clogged pores for YEARS and it actually got a few of them to come up. It's also made my nose sebaceous filaments a lot less noticeable.

Hmm, I think I'm gonna try that after my bottle of Green Cream is up which is soon! I actually am having a good skin day today btw :)