Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
B16

Getting Pimples Again!

Hey. ive finished a 6month long accutane course. Ive been off for 3, soon 4 months and ive started to notice the last few weeks that ive been getting more and more small pimples around in my face. I am starting to getting realy worried. is it all coming back?? what should I do?

Hey. ive finished a 6month long accutane course. Ive been off for 3, soon 4 months and ive started to notice the last few weeks that ive been getting more and more small pimples around in my face. I am starting to getting realy worried. is it all coming back?? what should I do?

You have experienced what many here already have: Accutane is not a permanent cure. Some people have even gone on 3-4 courses of Accutane and STILL have acne.

If your acne is coming back, I would guess that your acne is caused by a hormonal problem. Many times acne is caused by an excess androgens/DHT. There are prescription drugs and herbs you can take to keep your androgen level down.

I would look at the other posts on hormonal treatment and particularly for the posts on androgens by SweetJade.

ok thanks for answer. I will give it a week or so if its getting worse i will contact my doc.:)

Unfortunately Accutane isn't a cure. Sure some lucky people get long term remission of their acne, but many people do not and see the acne and oil return eventually. If you do not want to go through a second round of it, consider Dan's regimen. It works very well for most people who follow it strictly. http://www.acne.org/regimen.html

Dan and myself have both taken Accutane and the same thing happened to us with acne returning although not as severe as before.