Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
AMINAL

Have You Ever Wondered...

Have you ever wondered what your time will bed spent on after your skin clears up? As far as both mental and physical time. I've often thought about it, taking care of my skin takes up so much of my time, it gives me something to focus on. Yes, there are hardships... but it is almost a good experience if you think about it. It gives us something to dedicate ourselves towards, something to focus on. Ever wondered what will happen when that just... stops?

Have you ever wondered what your time will bed spent on after your skin clears up? As far as both mental and physical time. I've often thought about it, taking care of my skin takes up so much of my time, it gives me something to focus on. Yes, there are hardships... but it is almost a good experience if you think about it. It gives us something to dedicate ourselves towards, something to focus on. Ever wondered what will happen when that just... stops?

My time isnt spent taking care of my skin. My time is spent obsessing and being depressed about my skin. I know from personal experience what its like to not worry about your skin...AT ALL. I had perfect clear skin for 16 months and my days were spent like normal people. Waking up, brushing my teeth, and leaving for work. Not checking the mirror every few hours and cringing. I went out and spent time with friends, laughing, drinking, smoking, working out, doing everything a normal person without skin issues does. Come home, wash my face, and go to bed. I would spend a minute on my skin a day and I never thought about it 24/7 like I do now. One day im hoping I can get back to that mental state where I stop obsessing, overanalyzing, and worrying about my skin constantly.

Edited by Murph89

Like Murph said, I don't just spend time putting stuff on my skin. I spend a lot more time staying home because of my bad skin, and going on acne.org to find out what I can do to get rid of acne.

If I had clear skin, I think I would be more motivated for everything. I would have confidence and look people in the eyes. I don't really know how I would act though. It might take a while for me to learn how to be more social again.

All of that is a mental state though. Sure, your skin is a contributing factor to you unhappiness, but it surely isn't the underlying variable. My acne makes me feel insecure and self concious as well, but I force myself to muster up confidence and simply put my best foot foward. I assure you, the world isn't as harsh as you believe it is. I've had acne since early in my highschool career - I'm 21 now. Through this time I've had an amazing group of friends who always invite me out, I've maintained several stable relationships, have a decent job, etc. I'm still called attractive, I still go out to bars and have fun with my friends... all of that. So, it isn't simply your acne getting in the way of you and those things, it's your mentality when confronting it. I urge you guys to watch a documentary called "Happy". It's on Netflix and you can probably find it free somewhere on the web if you're lucky. Work on your mentality and your road to clear skin will be easier, I assure you. Everyone is more than skin deep, so stop acting like an exception!

Your perspective on this is interesting to me. For me, I can't wait until it stops. I don't want my skin to be something that I dwell on and worry about. I want something else to focus on. I don't physically spend that much time on my skin, but emotionally it's draining. I'm with Murph on this one. The day where I don't obsess over my skin cannot come soon enough. And yes, I know that having clear skin won't suddenly make me happy. I just know that I'm more confident when my face is clear and I feel better about myself.

Edited by 09alisa

Don't get me wrong... I obsess and dwell on my skin as well. It creates emotional problems for me and I struggle to keep a smile some days, but I've spent a lot of time looking deeper and trying to stable myself emotionally while on my road to clear skin.

If it wasn't for acne, I wouldn't be as healthy as I am today. I wouldn't know as much about harmful chemicals in the topical world and I wouldn't be as knowledgeable on subjects such as nutrition. It has been beneficial for me in more ways than I can count. It has allowed me to really fight to find new ways to seek happiness in my life, to creative positive emotions with little reasoning behind them. It makes me count my blessings and look for things to smile for. It's allowed me to learn to cope when facing problems or struggles in my daily life.

Acne may drain you emotionally, but stop and think for a moment about how much more knowledgeable, stronger, and less judgemental it has made you as a human being.

Don't get me wrong... I obsess and dwell on my skin as well. It creates emotional problems for me and I struggle to keep a smile some days, but I've spent a lot of time looking deeper and trying to stable myself emotionally while on my road to clear skin.

If it wasn't for acne, I wouldn't be as healthy as I am today. I wouldn't know as much about harmful chemicals in the topical world and I wouldn't be as knowledgeable on subjects such as nutrition. It has been beneficial for me in more ways than I can count. It has allowed me to really fight to find new ways to seek happiness in my life, to creative positive emotions with little reasoning behind them. It makes me count my blessings and look for things to smile for. It's allowed me to learn to cope when facing problems or struggles in my daily life.

Acne may drain you emotionally, but stop and think for a moment about how much more knowledgeable, stronger, and less judgemental it has made you as a human being.

That is very true. It has made me a better person, but it can go away any time now. :)