Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
alex7892

Mixing Acne Products For Bed Sa Sudocrem Etc

Hi before I go to bed I mix 5%salicyclic acid skin has become accustom to this, sudocrem, a little bit of moisturiser and an overnight serum to reduce rednes anddddd a little dab of witch hazel and aloe Vera gel think it has a little alcohol for the slaicyclic acid.

My question(s) is/are is it okay to mix these products? The sudocrem heals, the salicyclic reduces inflammation and helps prevent the moisturiser helps from the dryness of these products and the witch hazel is for the alcohol. The other product is just random... Thankss

And also, I mix my salicyclic powder into this with a little alcohol from the other products but my other question is why do you have to use alcohol with sa? Can't you just use the oil based sudocrem? I just hear everyone mixes their sa with alcohol. Thanks all!

Hi before I go to bed I mix 5%salicyclic acid skin has become accustom to this, sudocrem, a little bit of moisturiser and an overnight serum to reduce rednes anddddd a little dab of witch hazel and aloe Vera gel think it has a little alcohol for the slaicyclic acid.

My question(s) is/are is it okay to mix these products? The sudocrem heals, the salicyclic reduces inflammation and helps prevent the moisturiser helps from the dryness of these products and the witch hazel is for the alcohol. The other product is just random... Thankss

And also, I mix my salicyclic powder into this with a little alcohol from the other products but my other question is why do you have to use alcohol with sa? Can't you just use the oil based sudocrem? I just hear everyone mixes their sa with alcohol. Thanks all!

Salicylic acid dissolves in alcohol, but there is not enough alcohol in witch hazel to dissolve it thoroughly. If you are mixing all these products together and the salicylic acid dissolves in it, it is probably some other ingredient that is responsible. There is a little salicylic acid naturally present in aloe vera as well, but not enough to dissolve powdered salicylic acid. At least I haven't had any success.

Is this mixture peforming well for you?

Salicylic acid dissolves in alcohol, but there is not enough alcohol in witch hazel to dissolve it thoroughly. If you are mixing all these products together and the salicylic acid dissolves in it, it is probably some other ingredient that is responsible. There is a little salicylic acid naturally present in aloe vera as well, but not enough to dissolve powdered salicylic acid. At least I haven't had any success.

Is this mixture peforming well for you?

To be honest, It has been making a difference recently, I think it dissolves in the sudocrem as well as it is oil based.... It is performing quite well, my spots are shrinking and red marks fading although I do get some large thick spots around my jaw ( not sure why, perhaps because I just gave up minocycline could this be why?) and when I put the mix on my face now I only use salicylic acid witch hazel tea tree gel and the salicylic powder I feel a slight burning sensation for like 2/3 mins which must be the salicylic as i do not experience this with the other products. My face isn't too dry as well as I use moisturiser and it doesn't seem to dry out so this isn't a problem. Thanksss!

Sorry. This is my account not sure why its changed to a different account? But My name is Alexx17

Well, if it works I wouldn't change a thing! You could try taking away the Witch Hazel and see how it performs.

I have a new favorite regimen that involves washing with water and a washcloth, toning with Dickinson's Witch Hazel/Aloe pads and green tea, and applying a 2% salicylic acid everyother night. I really like it. I don't get pimples too often anymore but I got one two days ago due to stess I think, and I followed this regimen and spot treated the pimple with fresh Desert Essence Tea Tree Oil and that pimple is subsiding. I think we just have to find our own individual regimens through trial and error.

I really don't have an answer about the thick spots near your jawline. I hope someone weighs in on it for you.

I continue to come across statements on skin care sites that alcohol and aloe help "deliver" ingredients deep into the skin's tissue. I haven't found any scientific evidence of that though.