Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
chelslaw

Adults: Has Dans Regimen Helped Hormonal Acne?

I'm 28, female. Hormonal acne only on my jaw/chin. Tried a zillion things including gluten removal (trying dairy removal next)

Just curious if anyone in the same boat has had success with the regimen?

I feel like everything Ive been doing is so aggressive and complex (and not working) maybe simple over the counter products will help

in Canada, dr's dont prescribe it super often like they do in the states unless you have symptoms of PCOS.

plus i dont want to take a drug for the rest of my life..... looking for other non-drug options.

in Canada, dr's dont prescribe it super often like they do in the states unless you have symptoms of PCOS.

plus i dont want to take a drug for the rest of my life..... looking for other non-drug options.

Benzoyl peroxide (the regimen) is just a drug you apply on your face for the rest of your life.

i know this. its not filtering through my liver and doesnt have possible side effects that an internal drug has. it works wonders for some (just like birth control) and im glad but im an anxious person and even taking antibiotics for my skin made me feel anxious. my dr will not prescribe it to me anyways.

I think hormonal acne can only be remedied by addressing the problem with your hormones. You will not be able to find a topical treatment that will work for an internal problem. Even if you do, it won't last.

The biggest problem with hormonal acne is it starts at the base layer of the skin. The only topical that "talks" to the base layer are retinoids, but retinoids don't prevent acne, they just make you purge. When you're on a retinoid with hormonal acne, you just purge over and over endlessly.

The other topicals that prevent acne like benzoyl peroxide and topical antibiotics don't go deep enough.

If you don't want to take spiro or BC, have you thought about natural supplements to balance your hormones?

i take BCPs and have for over 13 years now. because of anxiety/depression im limited to certain ones.

im going to elminate dairy and see if that helps, ive already eliminated gluten 6 days a week which has helped.

i am considering saw palmetto but want to try eliminating dairy first before i change anything else so i can see if thats helping

any suggestions

Whoartthou: i did a two 8 week cycles where i started with a certain amount and each week went down until i was off of them.

Brandy- thanks so much. i started yesterday and am looking forward to seeing some results in the coming month!

thank you very much brandy! so far so good. no redness and just a little peeling on my chin (which is where my acne is)

question- how do people deal with the peeling? do they somehow remove the dead skin while still remaining gentle? i mean- it needs to come off so what "the regimen" approved way?