Notifications
Clear all

What The Hell Is Going On? (Pics Included)

MemberMember
(@sandwich)

Posted : 09/19/2012 4:58 pm

Please help me. I don't know what is going on....

Okay so basically around 10 months ago I went from being completely clear, not a single zit. To this in literally a month.

PICTURE 1

2l8hxjq.jpg

I then went to a derm and I was given Biancna Gel, Clindasol, as well as Erythromycin.

2 MONTHS LATER

Weeks would pass with very slow improvement, I also followed the regimen at one point for roughly a month.

But for 3 days my skin was completely zit free at one point.

25spxlg.jpg

That however only lasted roughly 3 days before another pimple popped up... neutral.gif

Now here's the part that pisses me off. It's been 2 months since the picture you see above, and since then my dermatologist said to stop taking the Erythromycin since I went 3 whole months without, and she decided that it was ineffective in curing my acne.

keep in mind that during the summer I tried numerous new products and methods, such as omega threes fish oil pills, changing my diet, drinking more water and masturbating less. Any one of those things could have been the cure.

BUT NOW 2 MONTHS LATER

30k6l55.jpg

Acne has come back despite almost no change to my routines which have brought me clarity two months ago... What's going on? I feel as if this thing will never go away.

I miss touching my skin and not feeling and pimples. My highschool career has changed drastically due to this acne and I feel as if I'm hopeless.

My derm says the only other option right now would be accutane and I'm really hesitant about taking it due to the side affects of depression. I mean I GOT CLEAR I WAS DOING GOOD... WHAT HAPPENED TO CAUSE IT TO COME BACK? AND ITS NOT GETTING BETTER

MemberMember
(@murph89)

Posted : 09/19/2012 5:26 pm

Personally, I would either do Accutane, or start treating internally. Could be a bunch of different factors such as your kidneys, liver, candida. If you get clear, then breakout, then get clear, then breakout...its something internal IMO. Do you drink dairy? Gluten? High sugar content?

MemberMember
(@tuffluck)

Posted : 09/19/2012 5:44 pm

I think its diet related as well. Have you noticed any correlation between when you consume sugar or dairy or bread and break outs?

MemberMember
(@green-gables)

Posted : 09/19/2012 11:14 pm

I would read up on the relation between acne and androgens/DHT. Many things can affect your androgen/DHT level, such as diet, stress level, even working out. If you look for posts by the author SweetJade they are very informative and will give you solid advice on how to lower your androgen/DHT levels which often causes cyclical acne like this.

MemberMember
(@aballarina)

Posted : 09/20/2012 1:20 pm

Perhaps try changing your diet? Make sure you drink lots of water during the day and don't touch your face. I wouldn't go for accutane as

This problem just popped up.. Did you change anything around the time you started breaking out? I've taken doxycycline in the past for acne and it cleared me up and I stayed pretty clear for months after. Cause your in high school and you'll most likely outgrow this I wouldn't do something as drastic as accutane. Your face doesn't look too bad yet either

MemberMember
(@sandwich)

Posted : 09/20/2012 3:41 pm

I'm a pretty healthy guy. I always try to minimize my sugar intake. Also many people told me that dairy might be a cause, so I stopped drinking milk, cheese, yogurt.. For nearly 3 months now. THE THING IS MY DIET WAS WAAAAAYYY WORSE before i even had a single pimple on my face 10 months ago like pizza everyday kinda thing. It's drastically better now and yet I have more pimples than ever... WTF PUBERTY

MemberMember
(@clambak3)

Posted : 09/20/2012 6:59 pm

KLSJDF847U3Q09W8W5OK43Q ACNE SUCKS. My face does the exact same thing. Trial and error. :\ Mostly error.

MemberMember
(@crashoran)

Posted : 09/21/2012 7:16 pm

200mcg chromium picolinate 1x per day

50mg zinc gluconate 1x per day with food

Omega 3 fish oil capsules, take enough to get 1.8g EPA per day

500mg no-flush niacin 1x per day

1x super b complex

You will get results from this, almost guaranteed.

Edit: Also, I would use diluted tree tea oil with a cotton swab 2x per day, then moisturize.

MemberMember
(@emp2thy)

Posted : 10/02/2012 5:07 am

I personally think diet is only a concern if you have Candida, because they feed on sugars, yeasts, etc

I work at an internet cafe and I see a lot of people who eat pizza and very unhealthy foods, yet they have completely clear skin...this really really irritates me because I know I eat much healthier than these people and I have terrible skin.

Since you said you're in HS, I'm pretty sure its just your hormones going crazy right now.

I personally wouldn't take anti-biotics, because that might make your acne worse..I took it, and yeah, now its almost impossible for me to get rid of acne...I really have no idea what to do else to do except accutane.

So If anything, I would try accutane if I were you. That was the only thing that has worked for me, and I would go on it again, but I had some stomach issues because of it.

My friend said he had horrible acne during HS (back in 2003), and he took accutane, and his skin is very clear until this day.

I honestly might go back on accutane, but on a lower dose, and might see what will happen.

MemberMember
(@sandwich)

Posted : 10/15/2012 9:22 pm

I personally think diet is only a concern if you have Candida, because they feed on sugars, yeasts, etc

I work at an internet cafe and I see a lot of people who eat pizza and very unhealthy foods, yet they have completely clear skin...this really really irritates me because I know I eat much healthier than these people and I have terrible skin.

Since you said you're in HS, I'm pretty sure its just your hormones going crazy right now.

I personally wouldn't take anti-biotics, because that might make your acne worse..I took it, and yeah, now its almost impossible for me to get rid of acne...I really have no idea what to do else to do except accutane.

So If anything, I would try accutane if I were you. That was the only thing that has worked for me, and I would go on it again, but I had some stomach issues because of it.

My friend said he had horrible acne during HS (back in 2003), and he took accutane, and his skin is very clear until this day.

I honestly might go back on accutane, but on a lower dose, and might see what will happen.

I really wanna try anything but accutane.. Any other recommendations?