Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
unbreakable1

Help Me Write A Shopping List Please?

I vowed to eat healthy when I moved out, and I have. I'm not very good at cooking but I will learn. I need to write a shopping list suited to cooking in a microwave or on a hob. I don't have an oven/grill :(.

It would be helpful if you're from the UK as the stores and prices are different. I have a budget of around £30 a week.

I like most food apart from onions, chilli, peppers, beetroot and similar tasting stuff.

I definitely need the following, and advice on how to get the cheapest

- Dairy-free products

- Bread

- Cereal

- Fruit

- Veg

- Meat that I can shallow fry

- As I say, I'm not good at cooking so I don't know what else I need

Thanks in advance! :)

I vowed to eat healthy when I moved out, and I have. I'm not very good at cooking but I will learn. I need to write a shopping list suited to cooking in a microwave or on a hob. I don't have an oven/grill sad.png.

It would be helpful if you're from the UK as the stores and prices are different. I have a budget of around £30 a week.

I like most food apart from onions, chilli, peppers, beetroot and similar tasting stuff.

- Dairy-free products

- Bread

- Cereal

- Fruit

- Veg

Thanks in advance! smile.png

A few tips:

Stay away from bread and cereal. Spinach has always been the best bang for buck vegetable for me, but prices may differ in the UK (I doubt it; it's easy to grow).

Berries are always your best bet as far as fruit go because they are low in sugar and very nutrient dense.

Can't go wrong with eggs as a protein source.

This is difficult because there are some very strong opinions on this board in particular about what is/what is not good to eat for acne. Anything I suggest will be jumped on by someone tongue.png

I used to have a strict Paleo diet. I think that is great for health, and I'm sure you could find the Paleo book for cheap somewhere since it's been out a while. It's not the cheapest way to eat though. I've had to stop the Paleo because I simply can't afford it. It still has some great guidelines to get you started though.

Edited by Green Gables

I vowed to eat healthy when I moved out, and I have. I'm not very good at cooking but I will learn. I need to write a shopping list suited to cooking in a microwave or on a hob. I don't have an oven/grill sad.png.

- Dairy-free products

- Bread

- Cereal

- Fruit

- Veg

A few tips:

Stay away from bread and cereal. Spinach has always been the best bang for buck vegetable for me, but prices may differ in the UK (I doubt it; it's easy to grow).

Berries are always your best bet as far as fruit go because they are low in sugar and very nutrient dense.

Bread and cereal make up a huge part of my diet. I have no clue about cooking (except for boiling vegetables) so not sure how to cut these out or replace them on a budget? :(

Thanks

- Dairy-free products

- Bread

- Cereal

- Fruit

- Veg

A few tips:

Bread and cereal make up a huge part of my diet. I have no clue about cooking (except for boiling vegetables) so not sure how to cut these out or replace them on a budget? sad.png

Thanks

Well you can start by eating eggs or some kind of meat for breakfast instead of cereal.

Easiest way to cook eggs:

-crack 2 or 3 into a bowl

-break the yolks

-mix so the yolks and whites combine

-heat a pan with a little olive oil over medium heat

-cook the eggs until the liquid solidifies

-enjoy

If you want to eat healthy and do what's best for your skin, you're either going to have to eat mostly raw fruits and vegetables, or you're going to have to learn to cook. Anything you get that's pre-packaged or pre-pared is going to be unhealthy.

Besides, ladies love a man that can cook.

- Dairy-free products

- Bread

- Cereal

- Fruit

- Veg

A few tips:

Bread and cereal make up a huge part of my diet. I have no clue about cooking (except for boiling vegetables) so not sure how to cut these out or replace them on a budget? sad.png

Thanks

Well you can start by eating eggs or some kind of meat for breakfast instead of cereal.

Easiest way to cook eggs:

-crack 2 or 3 into a bowl

-break the yolks

-mix so the yolks and whites combine

-heat a pan with a little olive oil over medium heat

-cook the eggs until the liquid solidifies

-enjoy

If you want to eat healthy and do what's best for your skin, you're either going to have to eat mostly raw fruits and vegetables, or you're going to have to learn to cook. Anything you get that's pre-packaged or pre-pared is going to be unhealthy.

Besides, ladies love a man that can cook.

Buy a bag of frozen chopped spinach to add to everything. Such as your scrambled eggs. And you can just break the eggs into the pan and scramble. You don't need to dirty a dish to mix them first. But if you are new to cracking eggs, you might want to crack them into a bowl so you can pick out any egg shell you might get in there.

also, don't boil the vegetables. Steam them (get a steamer basket to insert into your pots) or saute. When you saute, start with the hard veggies first like onions, carrots etc. Greens shouldn't be added until everything else is done.

There is a thread called cooking for newbies in the pinned Food and Recipe thread.