Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
looking2thefuture

Adult Newbie Here

Hi there my Names Rob. Im 27 years old living in the united kingdom. Im suffered from acne since the age of 18. I went throught my teenage years without getting any acne and infact had lovely skin which people used to comment on. However when I started university I began to develop bad skin and to cut a long story short ive suffered from acne to varying degrees since then. To put it bluntly like many of you its had such a devastating effect on my personal life whether it be reationships,jobs,mental health,freinds etc. I seem to make some progress physically and mentally then inplode. I really dont like myself physically. This conversly is quite different to how I see other people. For me I dont care that other people have acne infact oddly it endears me to them. Im good at listening,intelligent and good humoured and I hope I can offer some support and advice for others going through this. Practically I need some help. At the moment Im getting regular outbreaks of pustules and some blocked pores. Granted its been much worse than it is at the moment but im fed up of seeing shiny new ones appearing every week!. The blocked pores gradually develop over a few days into these pustules very frustrating when you can see them growing and they wont stop!. So ive come on here for advice and a couple of main questions if you could answer any of them id be very gratefull:)

1. What is a good way to stop blocked pores from becoming pustules/palpules? ie products to use things to eat drink etc.

2. What is a good way of stopping blocked proes in the first place?.

Thanks Guys

Hi there my Names Rob. Im 27 years old living in the united kingdom. Im suffered from acne since the age of 18. I went throught my teenage years without getting any acne and infact had lovely skin which people used to comment on. However when I started university I began to develop bad skin and to cut a long story short ive suffered from acne to varying degrees since then. To put it bluntly like many of you its had such a devastating effect on my personal life whether it be reationships,jobs,mental health,freinds etc. I seem to make some progress physically and mentally then inplode. I really dont like myself physically. This conversly is quite different to how I see other people. For me I dont care that other people have acne infact oddly it endears me to them. Im good at listening,intelligent and good humoured and I hope I can offer some support and advice for others going through this. Practically I need some help. At the moment Im getting regular outbreaks of pustules and some blocked pores. Granted its been much worse than it is at the moment but im fed up of seeing shiny new ones appearing every week!. The blocked pores gradually develop over a few days into these pustules very frustrating when you can see them growing and they wont stop!. So ive come on here for advice and a couple of main questions if you could answer any of them id be very gratefull:)

1. What is a good way to stop blocked pores from becoming pustules/palpules? ie products to use things to eat drink etc.

2. What is a good way of stopping blocked proes in the first place?.

Thanks Guys

There is tons of information on this board.

For the pustules, the first step is to stop eating dairy and sugar. For many people, just those two steps are all you need. That is all my husband needs to do to make his acne disappear. After 3 weeks off dairy/sugar his acne is gone. This is because dairy and sugar stimulate hormonal responses that ramp up your oil production and your acne. For the whole research, see Dr. Hyman's Do Milk and Sugar Cause Acne.

When you stop eating dairy and sugar, you may notice your oil production going down, so you have less blocked pores. But to speed this up, there is a chemical you can use on your face that will help clear your existing blocked pores. Salicylic acid is the only acid that can actually penetrate the pores and dissolve the sebum in there. Here's the thing about salicylic acid: it needs to be formulated just right to do any good. Please do not go out and buy the first Clearasil drugstore product you see that has salicylic acid. Those products are pretty much crap. You need a product that's mostly pure salicylic acid formulated at a ph of 3.0 or lower.

I recommend these:

1. Dianne Yvonne 5% Salicylic Acid $17.95

2. Paula's Choice 2% Salicylic Acid $19.95

Some people love Paula's Choice. I found that it wasn't strong enough for my clogged pores. Dianne Yvonne's 5% is giving me some great results. You will need to use it once a day for at least a week to start seeing a real difference.