Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
JTYNG

Built Immunity To Acv

Hi, I've been using ACV for my marks since the beginning of summer, and I started with a 1:1 concentration of ACV. I eventually added more and more ACV as my skin got used to used to the previous concentration. Now, I've stopped because I dont want my skin to become immune to ACV. :C I don't feel the burning sensation I've felt previously, and I've noticed that it is not as effective.

If I stop using ACV for a while and start again at a later date, do you think my skin will be more sensitive to it again and that it will be more effective?

It's called topical desensitization (immunity implies a foreign agent and immune response, like antibodies or something lol). Bad news bears: it will happen to every product you use. Example: Daniel Kern's regimen reccomends starting with a small amount of BP, and slowly increasing amount as your skin adjusts.

A 1:1 concentration of ACV is very light. Yes, keep ramping up concentration until you can't use ACV anymore. Then get a stronger exfoliant. Eventually you'll find a level of exfoliation your skin likes. Don't be afraid of this process.