Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Kristabel

How To Hydrate Oily But Very Dehydrated Skin If Everything Breaks Me Out?

All moisturisers break me out.

I tried coconut oil, it broke me out.

Jojoba oil broke me out.

I am expecting any kind of oil/moisturiser to do the same, but my skin looks so much worse because its very greasy but very dehydrated. Any advice?

i have the cetaphil oil control moisturizer, but my skins still kind of greasy after a while (it might be the spf? things with spf kind of make my face extra shiny. or it just doesnt work) id say try to find something with aloe vera?

Have you ever tried a toner? In the past few months I stopped using much lotions or oils too. Not because they break me out, but I just felt like after I stopped ravaging my skin with benzoyl peroxide I don't really need to coat it in moisturizer any longer. But what I have been doing is using a toner that I made myself. It contains witch hazel, green tea, and apple cider vinegar. All I do is brew some green tea and fill half of a small container. Then I fill it the rest of the way with 1/2 apple cider vinegar and 1/2 witch hazel.

I don't know if this stuff does anything for acne, but I've noticed it does nice things for the skin in general. My skin has a healthy glow and the dark spots and scars from acne are fading fast. The other thing I noticed is my skin feels more moist. I think the apple cider vinegar in the toner is balancing the PH of my skin and helping it make oils in a healthy balance.

Also--are you 100% sure the oils are breaking you out and that you're not just breaking out in general?

Dejaclairevoyant, i am still ravaging my skin with bp :( because i am scared to break out if i stop. How did you stop?

And yes its oils and moisturisers that break me out because i would test them on a small patch of skin and that area would break out