Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Green Gables

All I Have Left To Worry About...

...is the scars.

You can become acne-free. Keep trying.

And if you haven't tried legitimate hormonal treatment, give it a shot. Who would've thought I'd be having hormonal issues as an active, thin, very healthy person in my mid-twenties. Compared to many I was the picture of health. But I still needed that extra boost to get my hormones in check and my skin under control.

I no longer have to obsess over every single ingredient in my food or have a panic attack when I accidentally rest my chin on my hands. I don't need to slather chemicals on my face or ruin my wardrobe with benzoyl peroxide bleach. I can finally LIVE in my skin.

I find that I am visiting these boards less and less often and will soon be gone entirely, but I'm really grateful that I've had this resource. I lurked for a number of years before ever posting myself. It is amazing the amount of knowledge we can share as a community.

Keep your chin up and have a great day.

...is the scars.

You can become acne-free. Keep trying.

And if you haven't tried legitimate hormonal treatment, give it a shot. Who would've thought I'd be having hormonal issues as an active, thin, very healthy person in my mid-twenties. Compared to many I was the picture of health. But I still needed that extra boost to get my hormones in check and my skin under control.

I no longer have to obsess over every single ingredient in my food or have a panic attack when I accidentally rest my chin on my hands. I don't need to slather chemicals on my face or ruin my wardrobe with benzoyl peroxide bleach. I can finally LIVE in my skin.

I find that I am visiting these boards less and less often and will soon be gone entirely, but I'm really grateful that I've had this resource. I lurked for a number of years before ever posting myself. It is amazing the amount of knowledge we can share as a community.

Keep your chin up and have a great day.

I'm really glad you that found something that works for you. Every success story makes me feel better about the ongoing struggle of life with acne. I'm on this forum not only to share my woes, but also because I love hearing new success stories. And I agree, this forum in a fantastic resource and community. So much valuable information and support to be found in one place.

I've been considering asking my dermatologist about Spironolactone. I'm on my last month of Accutane and I'm still getting acne on my chin. And before Accutane I had the most unbelievably oily skin. As of three months ago I changed my diet to address my skin issues, and I've always been a thin, generally active, healthy person, but I've still struggled with my skin (though I am a 16 year old girl). I'm not positive whether or not I have a hormonal problem, but I think it might be worth taking a shot. What do you think?

I've been considering asking my dermatologist about Spironolactone. I'm on my last month of Accutane and I'm still getting acne on my chin. And before Accutane I had the most unbelievably oily skin. As of three months ago I changed my diet to address my skin issues, and I've always been a thin, generally active, healthy person, but I've still struggled with my skin (though I am a 16 year old girl). I'm not positive whether or not I have a hormonal problem, but I think it might be worth taking a shot. What do you think?

Spiro worked for me. My view is that nothing cures hormonal acne except hormonal treatment. Accutane isn't a hormonal treatment, it just shrinks your sebaceous glands temporarily (they slowly grow back).