Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
zxcvbnm123

I Really Need Help.... I Tried Everything.. (Pics)

Hi im 19 years old.. and i really do have bad acne. (severe case)

I started breaking out since high school but i feel the reason for it is because i started smoking.

I do smoke half a pack a day.

I just have really bad acne on the cheeks.. left side is worse than the right.

Ive tried pretty much all the over the counter products(benxyol perioxide etc) including accutane (i had to stop after 2 months because really bad side affects)

minocycline, a cream my dermatologist perscribed.. (that i cant really remember) and finally proactiv sulfur mask that only worked for a few day

ive also gone through laser treatments cant really remember the names but the acne came back after a few weeks (it sure was a waste of money)

today i just bought myself spectro jel (cleanser) with 100% tea tree oil to apply during the night and zinc. (planning on taking 50ml of zinc a day)

the thing is i really dont know what to do, i mean i do eat healthy... i drink lots of water (8 cups/day) and play sports 3 times a week. Oh i do sleep late at night around 5am doing homework but i do get good 8 hours of sleep a day.

Do you think its the cigarettes that makes me have really bad acne?

If anyone could help out me here, i would really really appreciate it!!

post-184698-0-86404500-1348045155_thumb.

post-184698-0-86404500-1348045155_thumb.

Edited by zxcvbnm123

Yes i have heard that smoking and drinking can aggravate your acne.Its also harmful when you are taking medications like Minoz and accutane.Avoid dairy for sometime if you are consuming.try experimenting by changing your life style for 3 months and see if it reduces.Include lots of fruits and Veggies in your diet.Strict no to processed items, Pizzas, burgers, Sugar, Sodas, Fried items.Try drinkng water with two spoons of turmeric for 1 month.If you are not fine with powder (it tastes really bad), buy turmeric capsules,I worked as a magic for few with cystic acne.

Dont worry I really understand how it feels to deal with this crap.

While smoking can contribute to acne, it primarily seems to be linked to non-inflammatory acne. Which your acne doesn't seem to fall under. While smoking may not be the underlying factor... it surely wouldn't hurt to stop. I would try to cut specific food types out of you diet such as wheat or dairy, see if your acne clears up and then report back. This may take some time, but it is worth trying. I doubt your acne is linked to any single thing, more so several contributing factors.

What exactly are you using to combat the acne right now, as far as washes, topicals, supplements, etc?

I was the opposite i started getting loads of spots after i stopped smoking and down-hill from there. I took a high dose of zinc a day religiously amongst other essential vitamins and now i never get them apart from the odd one or two around that month :D i belive zinc is the main factor in my face being acne free, however its the scars after that are not so easy..do you use sun protection if you have been using bp and other creams? if your skin is already irritated from trying a fair few products you want a really high sun cream on it will only make matters worse if not applied. You said you do sports what are they? Swimming maybe?

I just want to say start by saying Thank you for the advices!

@varna909: yep i agree, i will never ever go back to accutane even if my skin worses. Yeah i hate dealing with this crap, ive stopped eating fast food months ago....but have a really bad acne. do you know where i could go buy turmeric? drug stores?? oh i live in canada btw.

@AMINAL: whenever i wake up i wash my face with spectro jel for blemish skin. than i apply oxy 5% benzyol perioxide to my face to go to school. in the nighttime, i wash my face with spectrol jel than apply 100% tea tree oil. Oh and i forgot i take 50ml of zinc after dinner. is there anything im doing wrong?

@Natalie5511 Oh really? thats weird!! haha yeah ive been taking 50ml of zinc everyday after dinner. its been a week but theres not much improvement.. would i have to be more patient? And nope, I havnt been in a swimming pool for so long, but ive just been playing basketball reguarly.

Hey man i wanna let you know your not the only one my face actually looks identical to yours but mine goes onto and under my jaw its painful and i can't do a thing about it. Not sure if your seeing a Derm but you should ask if they could take culture samples to see if you have some kind of infection, this is what they did for me and it turned out i had an infection i was just put on Keflex an anitbiotic for it so hopefully it helps. I saw you've had experience with accutane my derm is pushing to get me on it the lowest dose 10mg and work up im really scared and not looking forward to it. What kind of side effects did you have? And what dosage were you on? Hope you get better goodluck.

If accutane ins't an option anymore, what about some Retin - A ,Differing along with some doxy?

Ah and don't worry bro , you will get there , I see you have red marks too , u can't really do anything about them , first you need to battle the acne and then the red marks, but if you chose retin-a it can also help with those, I'm on my day 64 of tane' and I have red marks all over my ckeek so no worryes there are many many like us.

As for the smokeing, I stoped for 1 mouth , didn't seem to improve my acne in anyway so back on it.:D

Take care, if you have questions feel free to ask

I was smoking a pack a day about a little over a month ago. I quit and now Im on day 36 or something. My skin has improved drastically during that time. I wont say that quitting smoking will cure your acne, but it will help your skin i.e., smoking impairs collagen rebuilding and a bunch of other stuff.

I think at this point in my life, I've been seeing everybody spinning wheels with synthetic products.

We all think that our skin can be fixed with drugs and chemicals because we have basically been programmed by society & advertising since day 1. It's a system built on profit.

Skip all of the bullshit that has been invented for profit in the last 100 years, and turn to nature. Try japanese red reishi. Try Saw palmetto. Try chlorella & spirulina. Stop lining the pockets of pharmaceutical companies.

I just want to say start by saying Thank you for the advices!

@varna909: yep i agree, i will never ever go back to accutane even if my skin worses. Yeah i hate dealing with this crap, ive stopped eating fast food months ago....but have a really bad acne. do you know where i could go buy turmeric? drug stores?? oh i live in canada btw.

@AMINAL: whenever i wake up i wash my face with spectro jel for blemish skin. than i apply oxy 5% benzyol perioxide to my face to go to school. in the nighttime, i wash my face with spectrol jel than apply 100% tea tree oil. Oh and i forgot i take 50ml of zinc after dinner. is there anything im doing wrong?

@Natalie5511 Oh really? thats weird!! haha yeah ive been taking 50ml of zinc everyday after dinner. its been a week but theres not much improvement.. would i have to be more patient? And nope, I havnt been in a swimming pool for so long, but ive just been playing basketball reguarly.

. I started noticing a big difference in breakouts after around 3 weeks of taking a high dosage of zinc daily.