Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Rossifan46

Spots At 25....hormones?

So I will try to explain as best as possible, my spots are doing my head in and affecting my social life!

Im male and 25 years old. I have had spots from when i was about 16. From 16-18 I would say it was verging on acne, however from 19 onwards it definitely can't be classed as acne but its bad enough to get me down. When I was younger i used to get spots on my cheeks, occasionally on my nose and chin, but mainly around the mouth are, if you drew a line down from each corner of the mouth to your jaw line, that is the main area of my spots.

Over the years since 19, I have lived in hot & humid climates. There have been times when I have hardly had a spot but it never lasts more than a few weeks, i now ALWAYS get my spots in that mouth/jaw area i described before, they also seem to switch from each side of my face and come in groups of 2-3. I have tried everything over the years, nothing seems to get rid of them permanently....could these caused by hormones? Masturbating too much?

I mean I have no spots anywhere else on my face! Surely if it was from cleanliness or food or whatever i would. I also get the occasional spot on my chest and back, aswell as i used to have quite bad chest and back spots.

They are really obvious when on my face and I HATE them, i even try using make-up to conceal them!!

At the moment I shave every evening, use boots tea tree night treament gel and moisturise every morning. My face will be perfect one week and then bam, horrible for another! Why won't they go for good??? I am going to try and stop masturbating for a while and see if it helps.

Any help will be much appreciated!

Thanks

Guest T.M.

Masturbating nothing to do with it mate. You just have acne, its s**t I know but that's how the cards fall sadly. Do a bit of reading up on different ways to treat it. It seems to be localized and not to heavy which is good. Look at maybe using a topical cream like BP. I see your using Tee Tree oil. I never had much luck with it but some do.

Thanks T.M.

<p>I have read a lot of negative things about BP so am a bit hesitant to use it.....plus%2

Thanks T.M.

I have read a lot of negative things about BP so am a bit hesitant to use it.....plus I work in the Maldives so its hard to get hold of.

Can being in the sun and not wearing sunscreen cause these type of spots? As i don't put suncream on where I get the spots....also I am in the sea atleast 4 hours each day...

There seems to be no correlation between anything I do and spots appearing, they just appear randomly but always in the same place and usually a few at a time which makes me think its hormonal, surely as a 25 yr old male my hormones should be in check!

I would add that I have NEVER tried to do nothing to my face! I am too scared it will get worse.....

Maybe using nothing apart from washing may help?

Thanks T.M.

<p>I have read a lot of negative things about BP so am a bit hesitant to use it.....plus%2

Thanks T.M.

I have read a lot of negative things about BP so am a bit hesitant to use it.....plus I work in the Maldives so its hard to get hold of.

Can being in the sun and not wearing sunscreen cause these type of spots? As i don't put suncream on where I get the spots....also I am in the sea atleast 4 hours each day...

There seems to be no correlation between anything I do and spots appearing, they just appear randomly but always in the same place and usually a few at a time which makes me think its hormonal, surely as a 25 yr old male my hormones should be in check!

I would add that I have NEVER tried to do nothing to my face! I am too scared it will get worse.....

Many people have hormonal acne in their mid twenties and beyond.

Do a search on these boards for saw palmetto, that has helped a lot of guys with hormonal acne.

Thanks T.M.

Thanks T.M.

Do a search on these boards for saw palmetto, that has helped a lot of guys with hormonal acne.

I don't know..this is my 3rd or 4th week on saw palmetto extract and it's doing absolutely nothing :(

Thanks T.M.

Thanks T.M.

I don't know..this is my 3rd or 4th week on saw palmetto extract and it's doing absolutely nothing sad.png

What is your dose? You should be on around 1000mg by now if your acne is severe. If you read my post, I did not see any clearing until MONTH 4 (week 16) on 100mg of spironolactone which is way more potent than saw palmetto.

Edited by Green Gables

Thanks T.M.

Thanks T.M.

I don't know..this is my 3rd or 4th week on saw palmetto extract and it's doing absolutely nothing sad.png

What is your dose? You should be on around 1000mg by now if your acne is severe. If you read my post, I did not see any clearing until MONTH 4 (week 16) on 100mg of spironolactone which is way more potent than saw palmetto.

I'm at 960mg per day. I only have two pill dispensers (one for morning, one for night), so sometimes I forget the one during lunch.

I understand it probably takes time, but I hate spending so much money on things that never end up helping..I'm sure you understand :(

I guess I'll just keep buying SP extract for another 3 months

Ok so I have a question: For as long as I remember, as soon as I got badish spots I have been putting products on my face, wether it be BP from the early days to tea tree oil, to savlon, to tcp, to sudocream etc.

Thinking about it I have never really given my skin a chance on its own..! I have always been too scared! Is there a possibility that the products im using could be unbalancing my skin and causing breakouts? Is it worth trying nothing but washing my face...I mean I have used this tea tree oil for years but I still get the same breakouts in the same places! The rest of my face is crystal clear!

Thanks