Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

So, hi, I'm new! I just had a quick question, is it alright to wash your face with Dove Soap Sensitive Skin? I was using cetaphil for a while, had no problem with it, it just wasn't doing much. I was talking to my friend and she said she used the dove soap mentioned above, so I decided to pick up a bar and give it a try. I've been using it for a week or so now, and I like it so far. It seems to clean my face well and makes my face actually feel clean.

However, my mom then said you shouldn't wash your face with soap.

So, I'm not sure. I don't have much acne, just a few active spots due to my time of month, but those generally go away in a few days.

So, thoughts?

I had bad results using that Dove sensitive skin soap as my face wash and body wash. I gave it a fair shot too (3 months for face, 5 months for body). It seemed to clog my pores, did not rinse off well, and did not leave me feeling clean. Had lots of breakout issues while using it. If I remember correctly, it has a high sodium tallowate (fat) content and I suspected that was the culprit. Cetaphil cleansers yielded similar results with me too. Hope the Dove works out for you. Many claim it to be their "holy grail" product.

Guest T.M.

You'll get different views regarding cleansing your face with soap on here. Some take the view that it disturbs the acid mantle. I personally never had any problems whilst using bar cleansers. I stopped using BP for a few months and tried a few different things but I still have breakouts. My view is if you have acne, you have acne. Some cleansers might irritate more than others but using a medication be it BP or a Retinoid is the key. Now that I'm back using BP I've been using gentle cleansers like Cetaphil and Cerave but using a bar I don't think would make much difference except that they are a tad more drying buy some people like this.

If you don't really have acne I wouldn't really worry to much. Lucky you. I know people who wash their face with hand soap or anything lying around.

I use Dove Soap to wash my makeup off before I use my cleanser. I think it does good job & leaves my face feeling clean. If this is going to be your main cleanser, just make sure to really wash it off your face. Dove seems to take a while for me to fully wash off my face. Also, Dove is a lot better than regular old soap because of the moisturizer in it. It never leaves my face feeling tight like regular soap.