Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
5pirit

Is My Acne That Bad? Could Also Use Suggestions [Pics]

I've had somewhat moderate acne for the last 3-4 weeks. It seemed to start when I was on vacation right before I went back to school. I'm extremely self conscious about this, and any suggestion would be greatly appreciated.

Also, I work out regularly, have soccer 4-5 times a week, and try to eat as healthy as possible. Lately i've tried to not touch my face and drink lot's of water. Really not sure what can be causing this.

I've been using Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Wash and moisturizing my face with cetaphil and wash my face twice a day. My acne also seems to be itchy.

http://imageshack.us/g/268/snapshot201209183.jpg/

Couldn't get the embed working.

Just a few questions to further look into what may or may not help you. Also, if the pictures show the only acne located on your face, it isn't bad at all... very mild actually. You look perfectly fine, don't let it get you down!

Anyways, to my questions. How old are you if you don't mind me asking? What would you say your diet regularly consists of? Have you formerly tried any other products for your acne? If so, what were they?

Not too bad at all. My acne is almost exactly like yours because I often get blemishes around my chin and mouth. Such an annoying place to get pimples. A retinoid gel might give you good results, something like Differin which isn't too insanely harsh.

It seems to have gotten somewhat worse in the last few days. It seemed to clear up a bit and then out of nowhere I have 3 or 4 whiteheads and a dark red spot around one of the whiteheads. I'm 16 years old and my diet consists of steak, chicken, salad, sandwiches for lunch, very little dairy. I also hardly ever eat junk food anymore. I have a feeling this is hormonal, and i'm trying to stay positive about it. It just seems that when it starts to get better all of the progress goes down the drain. I'm currently using cetaphil gentle skin cleanser to see if there is any difference.

It seems to have gotten somewhat worse in the last few days. It seemed to clear up a bit and then out of nowhere I have 3 or 4 whiteheads and a dark red spot around one of the whiteheads. I'm 16 years old and my diet consists of steak, chicken, salad, sandwiches for lunch, very little dairy. I also hardly ever eat junk food anymore. I have a feeling this is hormonal, and i'm trying to stay positive about it. It just seems that when it starts to get better all of the progress goes down the drain. I'm currently using cetaphil gentle skin cleanser to see if there is any difference.

For some reason hormonal acne tends to congregate around the chin and lower cheeks.

Basically what most hormonal acne comes down to is too many androgens.

Natural anti-androgens for men include saw palmetto, stinging nettle, pygeum and pumpkin seed oil. These are used both for hormonal acne and for prostate health later in life wink.png It calms those excess androgens down and clears up your hormonal acne.

I would recommend LifeExtension Super Saw Palmetto. It is standardized to 85%+ fatty acids which is what you want in a quality saw palmetto supplement.

Week 1: 300 mg a day

Weeks 2-4: 600mg a day

Week 5: Evaluate. Are you seeing significant clearing? If yes, stay on this dose. If no, ramp your dose up to 1000mg a day.

Side effects: While your body is getting used to the saw palmetto you may feel dehydrated and urinate a lot. Drink a lot of water. This wears off after a couple of weeks.

Edited by Green Gables