Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
melissa1234567

Retin A Log + Mino And Spiro Together

Hi guys. I just started using Retin A (a week and 1 day ago.) I thought that I would inform you on my progress on here because I know, how dealing with acne can be VERY discouraging at times. Need I remind you, I am also taking Mino 100 mg (2x) daily and Spiro 100 mg daily.

I had been on Doxy for about 4 years before this new regimen, unfortunately, I became immune to the Doxy and my acne FLARED UP!!! I felt like I was in high school all over again. Before I started Doxy (about 4 years ago), I did a 7 month period with accutane as well, in which cleared up ALL acne for a while.

Well, here is my log.... I hope it can help some of you out:

Day 1 of Mino, Spiro and Retin A: At this point my acne was awful. I had been on Doxy for about 4 years and I had become immune to it. UGH! I didn't even want to leave house and I DID NOT leave the house. I had 4 or 5 nodules/zits appearing right besides my nose (on both sides). My jawline was COVERED in acne, inflammed acne at that. There were also a couple nodule acne bumps near my cheeks. All my acne was very, very red. I also had whiteheads all along my chin. I had a couple of small zits right between my eyes.

Day 2 of Mino, Spiro and Retin A: There wasn't much imporvment at all. Nothing new to record.

Day 3 of Mino, Spiro and Retin A: There wasn't much improvment at all. Nothing new to record.

Day 4 of Mino, Spiro and Retin A: I feel like my acne had gotten so much worse. There were more white heads, more black heads, more zits. My former zits did not seem to go down in size at all.

Day 5 of Mino, Spiro and Retina A: My acne seemed to be getting better. My zits have decreased in size and the whiteheads had gone down. Although, there were new whiteheads emerging at other spots. This is probably the "purging" that is due to the Retin A. The whiteheads were not as bad as before I started the regimen though.

Day 6 of Mino, Spiro, Retina A: Again, my acne is shrinking in size and it keeps shrinking. White heads still purging.

Day 7 of Mino, Spiro, Retin A: Acne is shrinking more and more day by day. There are a couple new zits, not as bad when I first started the regimen though. Very few whiteheads.

Day 8 of Mino, Spiro, Retin A: Acne keeps on shrinking. I still have some red spots due to scaring of some of the prior acne. My jawline on my left side is pretty much clear, only a few tiny pimples/whiteheads. My right side of my jawline is still pretty red in one area and there is active acne there. The zits near my nose have really shrunk in size and are almost gone now. My few nodule spots have not seemed to decrease in size at all. The zits between my eyes seem to be shrinking in size, but are multipying!

Edited by melissa1234567

Day 9 of Mino, Spiro, Retin A: Acne is shrinking in size. My jawline is starting to look better, but is still very red. There are a couple new white heads around my chin. It seems like my nodule acne is drying out and (possibly) shrinking (very little). All and in, still seems to be getting better little by little.

Day 14: My acne is still slowly and surely clearing up. I have a couple new cystic acne spots and 2 small white heads. I still have the nodules, but they are slowly going down. Other than that.. my face seems to be clearing up, slowly, but surely.