Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hello..

I have combi-oily skin which is prone to break-outs. Lately, i don't have any more problems with blemishes or acne, so i've been using copper peptides to help with my scarring.

I've been using emu oils at night over my hyaluronic acid (and CP serums), but am thinking of using emu oils in the morning as well.

I know it can be a little bit greasy, but i find that if i mix my hyaluronic with a drop of emu oil, it doesn't leave a greasy film. Is it safe to do this and then top it up with my SPF30 sunscreen, then make-up?

Will this be an over-use of emu oil?

My normal moisturiser that i use before this seems to be counter-acting with my new morning routine of 2% exfol serum (salyycilic acid). The moisturiser that i use has 10% buffered glycolics and silicones in it. I think mixing the BHA & AHA + silicones in the morning is too much of what my skin can handle.

Will the emu oil be better instead? Has anyone tried using the emu both morning and night?

Thank you.

Guest Tracy

I use emu oil in the morning and at night and as long as I apply just a small amount to my damp face, I have no problems with it being too greasy. It absorbs well.

Thank you so much for your reply. That is very encouraging.

Do you apply SPF or make-up on top of that?

Did you have any problems with that?

Thank you.

Guest Tracy

I apply the emu oil.....then a BHA solution from Paula's choice.....then Nature's Gate Dry Sportblock SPF 30, then Laura Mercier oil free foundation....and I have no problems at all. I just let each product absorb before I apply the next product. Usually I'll apply the emu oil directly after getting out of the shower, then get a cup of coffee...then apply the BHA, then feed the cat, then apply the sunscreen, then get dressed, and then apply my foundation. It's pretty simple, actually, and I've had no problems. biggrin.gif

My SPF seems to be balling up when i apply it over my emu oil.. mmh confused.gif

Btw, why do you apply a BHA after you use the Emu? Is it better that way?

Thank you.

Guest Tracy
My SPF seems to be balling up when i apply it over my emu oil.. mmh confused.gif

Btw, why do you apply a BHA after you use the Emu? Is it better that way?

Thank you.

Oil magnefies sunlight? What does that mean? Negative or positive?

I'm using MD Formulations SPF 30.

Yes, i think the Emu oil is fully absorbed, coz there's no residue left when i touch my face. I love the emu oil so much. It's really doing wonders and doesn't aggrevate my sensitive skin. It feels healing in a way as well. And coming from a combi-oily skin person.. i think that speaks a lot. biggrin.gif

Balled up again this morning as well. Feeling a bit worried. The MD Formulation spf doesn't break me out, that is why i am using it. Really don't know what to do here. eusa_wall.gif