Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
leelowe1

Nyc Meet - Up?

Hey ladies, wanted to throw an idea out there. Anyone in NYC want to meet up for makeup shopping? Tried doing it with a friend who doesn't have acne and it was a NIGHTMARE! Every single brand i looked into has bad ingredients (Sephora- don't get me started).

Haven't worn makeup in 5 + years and i have several inflamed and underground pimples that are so red and spread across my face. I want to 'lightly' cover them so it doesn't look like i have a face full of makeup.

Tried shopping for mineral makeup that was bismuth and mica free but no go and when i went the drug store route - had a hard time choosing a shade....sigh.

So anyone want to be my NYC make up buddy? My face can be your canvas....lol

If I was in NYC I would TOTALLY go with you. Unfortunately I'm on the other coast sad.png

Sometimes if I'm desperate I will try to discreetly dab a foundation shade on my wrist. Most foundations aren't sealed. The staff will jump down your throat if they see you, but I know people buy foundation, try it out, and return it all the time...they can't tell since the stuff isn't sealed...which I guess you could do too. This is why I always pour out the top of a foundation I buy in case it's been sampled.

Edited by Green Gables

Thanks Green Gables.....its really too bad. Most of my friends either don't wear makeup or if they do, don't have acne/know how to address the makeup acne thing. I will at some point drag someone along to help me pick a store bought shade (You recommended Loreal True Color Match) and try it on. I am terrified of wearing makeup but i want to be able to have it as an option once in a while, especially when breakouts are bad. The search continues.

Girl, I have to tell you I just looked at your gallery and your acne is like NOTHING. N-O-T-H-I-N-G. Compared to what I had anyway.

I think Everyday Minerals would be great for you. When you said bumpy acne I was picturing the kind I used to get, like cysts nearly an inch in diameter and a quarter of an inch high.

EDM would cover all your stuff in a flash. They'll ship you 7 free samples of your choice of foundation for $2. Each sample holds about 3 days of makeup, so you can test them all out risk-free. You just need to buy a flat-topped kabuki brush to apply it, which you can get anywhere.

Man, if I had had skin like yours, I would never have used liquid foundation. EDM is so easy and fast and looks great.

Edited by Green Gables

Thanks Green Gables. Unfortunaely my iphone camera is very forgiving. You are right that most of my acne is not cystic but i do get cysts and very inflamed pimples that hurt (definitely getting worse). Because my pimples are inflamed and raised, i am not sure if mineral makeup would cover anything. My skin is also very dry. But i will try it out (not sure when).

Thanks again Green Gables.