Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
DamnitJenna

The Regimen And Clarisonic?

I have just purchased the regimen and have read the importance of nothing abrasive touching your face. I've read to pat dry and to GENTLY rub on cleanser and BP, so how would this affect my use of my clarisonic? Clarisonic states that it's product, "uses a patented sonic frequency of more than 300 movements per second to gently, yet thoroughly remove 6X more makeup and 2X more dirt and oil than cleansing with your hands alone". Should I forego using it at all while on The Regimen?

I would recommend that you don't use the Clarisonic when you're starting the regimen. Reducing irritation is a huge part of the regimen, and the Clarisonic could definitely cause some major irritation when you're just getting started on the regimen. I've been on the regimen for over five years now, and I have no problems with considerable exfoliation.

Hi, I have the clarisonic which I have a hate/love relationship with. It makes my skin really smooth but at the same time it can be too rough on your skin. While starting the regimen I recommend you absolutely lay off your device until you are clear. It may be tempting when you are dry and flaky to give it a spin but let me warn you that it is semi gentle on normal skin but once you begin your regimen you will have sensitive skin. Especially in the beginning stages your face will be in some pain from it getting used to the BP. Once you are clear you can slowly introduce new things into your routine (such as the clarisonic) but let me advise you that even when you do, only use it about once every 2 weeks otherwise it will be too rough and your face will be irritated.