Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Norris

Once You Use Bp, You Need It For Life?

Just a simple question:

Once I start Dan's Regimen, and use lots of BP, does that mean I'll need to continue this treatment for life?

I understand, good eating habits, fitness are also lifetime commitments, but is BP also something I should Budget for... for life?

You may find that after being on the regimen for a while, you don't need to use as much BP as you did at the beginning. I've been on the regimen for a few years now and I only use about a pea-sized amount twice a day to stay clear.

Thanks,

This is quite encouraging to hear. I was worried that I would have to keep upping the dosage to keep it's effectiveness over time.

Also, several people have had success with only applying BP once a day (usually at night). Once you've been on the regimen for a while and to the point where you are consistently clear, you can adjust your regimen to your liking.

When I did not stop using the regimen for 1 year, I ended using it 1 time a day, with a small amount, at night, along with AHA the day, and was clear. I stopped it and 2 months after did break out again, for what that's worth.

Guest T.M.

I'm back on the BP after a 2 month break and am only using it at night. Only back on it 5 days but all is well. I stopped after 10+ years to see how my skin was faring. I break out around my mouth only but I haven't been getting any on my upper lip so its just been BP on my chin area so far this time.

You'll get to know your skin pretty well in time trust me.

Ah I see

Also, several people have had success with only applying BP once a day (usually at night). Once you've been on the regimen for a while and to the point where you are consistently clear, you can adjust your regimen to your liking.

Ah I see

I was wondering, when you adjusted your BP amount, did you have to "down-size" the amount of moisturiser you used as well? Since BP dries you out more, I'm guessing that's why DKR suggests the full 2 pumps.

But once you're using a smaller amount, does your face require the same moisturising amount?

Yes, I significantly reduced the amount of moisturizer I use simply because my skin doesn't need a heavy-duty moisturizer. After you've been on the regimen for a while, you'll be able to identify what your skin needs and doesn't need.