Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
lyssa0728

Skin Cleared For A Year And Is Breaking Out Again?

hi everyone,

so a little over a year ago i began the regimen. i started with the BP, cleanser and moisturizer with some jojoba oil added into the moisturizer once i realized how bad my skin peeled in the beginning (this eventually got much better after adjusting to the Bp and i no longer use jojoba oil). once my skin started to improve, i added the AHA in and used it sparongly at first, and then bagan using once each day (at night in place of moisturizer). my skin improved amaaaaazingly for the last year. i would break out only around that lovely time of the month (which i dont think will ever stop) and would go back to being clear right after.

all of the sudden, my skin is breaking out constantly and i can not seem to control it. has anyone else had this problem??? there have been some cha ges in my environment, so im wondering if the different water is causing the issue and just need to give my skin time to adjust. i also have not been nearly as good about applying moisturizer and have also slowly cut down on the regimen (now only applying once a day at night rather than both morning and night).

id love any feedback on this and to see if anyone has had similar issues!

More than anything else, my guess would be that the reduction in BP is the reason you're breaking out. It seems that if you have success with BP, get clear, then stop using it or maybe just reduce it, acne comes back. It's a topical solution that you have to keep up with to continue to see results.

I was never completely clear with BP but even when I stopped it, my acne came back terribly. This was earlier this year so I'm still trying to find what will work for me.

Maybe you should go back to applying twice a day but with a little less than the full BP dose of the regimen. Just see how your skin responds to that.

Of course the other changes may contribute to it, but this is just based on my experience of reducing then stopping BP and having more breakouts.

hi everyone,

so a little over a year ago i began the regimen. i started with the BP, cleanser and moisturizer with some jojoba oil added into the moisturizer once i realized how bad my skin peeled in the beginning (this eventually got much better after adjusting to the Bp and i no longer use jojoba oil). once my skin started to improve, i added the AHA in and used it sparongly at first, and then bagan using once each day (at night in place of moisturizer). my skin improved amaaaaazingly for the last year. i would break out only around that lovely time of the month (which i dont think will ever stop) and would go back to being clear right after.

all of the sudden, my skin is breaking out constantly and i can not seem to control it. has anyone else had this problem??? there have been some cha ges in my environment, so im wondering if the different water is causing the issue and just need to give my skin time to adjust. i also have not been nearly as good about applying moisturizer and have also slowly cut down on the regimen (now only applying once a day at night rather than both morning and night).

id love any feedback on this and to see if anyone has had similar issues!

You are not on Dan's regimen anymore. Once you veer off how Dan outlines it, even a bit, you have stopped doing the regimen and started doing your own thing. Go back to two full pumps twice a day, and two full pumps of moisturizer twice a day

whats your opinion on the AHA for now? should i just go back to the normal regimen without aha for a while until i see improvement?

Yeah I would stop using AHA until you clear up again...I would definitely recommend adding jojoba oil to the moisturizer again also, that will help soothe irritation

I mean, you dont HAVE to stop using AHA, but it might be a good idea sort of "start over again" from the basics, using just cleanser, BP, and moisturizer, and then add in the AHA once you are clear. I have never really liked AHA, but many people swear by it.

thanks! appreciate your input : ) i guess youre right, i kind of started figuring that since my skin was so much better, i could kind of cut back on the regimen and tweak it to what i thought my skin would be okay with...but i was definitely wrong on that one! i even lessened the amount of BP i was using, and i think that played a part too. this morning i put the full two pumps on my face and i can definitely feel the slight burning again, but i know that means it's working so that's a good thing!