Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
dragonn

Hopeless (Pics Added)

Does anyone else ever feel hopeless about correcting their acne scars?

As a 20 year old girl, I've spent the last 4-5 years of my life with acne and its scars.

As a college student at a large university, I get to watch hundreds of people walk by everyday with perfectly normal skin.

I would love to wake up in the morning and not have to worry about scars or think I should wait a few hours to let swelling go down before I stare at myself in the mirror today!

Even the good before and after pictures don't look that good.

I thought a few good rounds of subcision and fractional CO2 would give me pretty "normal" looking skin.

I know the difference between normal and perfect.

But the more research I do, the more hopeless it seems.

Before/after pics that doctors post seem like minuscule improvements to me.

I'm tempted to post a picture of my scarring.

I'm just afraid I'll go for lasers and be so sorely disappointed.

Sorry for the rant! Had to get it out. Thoughts?

Edited by dragonn

Lasers are really wonderful things that can make major improvements to your skin if done correctly.

I want to get some laser work done, but the enormous cost is prohibitive.

There are definitely tools out there to give you normal looking skin, it's just dependent on how much time you want to spend finding the perfect doctor and then how much money you can shell out.

Post a pic and the members will give you there best opinion,you can still hide half your face if you like.

treatments depend on type of your scars,,i think a problem about money,scars can treat at a very good shape with ablative fractional co2 laser like fraxel repair or total fx , subcision,dermabrasion,fillers,micro needling,you can look at results of dragz ,tokyogirl and ernestoria,it's so good, never lose your hope:)

Thank you all for your input.

Green Gables, I believe in lasers, too. I'm starting to think it's the doctors that aren't using them to their full ability.

Like being more intense on the scarred regions, shaving down scar borders, etc.

I suppose I'll post a pic of my scarring. I'm curious to know how severe it is.

I know it's not terrible and I would never mean to diminish how someone else feels.

The thing I hate about it is how widespread it is. These are my cheeks.

My temples also have small boxcars that don't really bother me but my forehead is littered with scarred pores and about 10 larger boxcars.

Here goes! Please excuse the creams. I had been clear for 2 years and had a TERRIBLE breakout this summer after quitting the pill, hence the acne creams in the pics.

Anyone with similar scars (sharp edged boxcars, icepicks, scarred pores) have success?

Edited by dragonn

I don't think your scars look bad.

I've had "laser work" done. Vbeam to be exact. Cost me about 300 to 500 Euros. I'm glad I did as my scar looks better; way less red and the texture improved. :nod: My scar is pretty big so I imagine that your scars could benefit even more except my scar is a "rolling" one I suppose it's called. I don't know if Vbeam is suited for your type scarring.

Wow, I feel better now. Especially because this last breakout has caused new scars, hopefully they'll diminish with treatments.

BUT, how come before and after pictures for even the big lasers like Fraxel just don't seem very impressive?

Is it because they are shown only after one treatment when multiple are required?

Dudley, I know you're a big proponent of multiple go-rounds. surprised.gif

TCA cross? it's not to evasive and won't cost you a lot of $$$ try that first then move onto lasers if your still not happy.

I have similar scarring and I have tried TCA cross with very, very little improvement. Although I'm starting to think that I might have needed more treatments for proper results (I had 3 treatments, spaced 6-12 months apart). Based on what I've read here, I think that Fraxel Re:pair or Deep FX would be the most effective treatment for this type of scarring.

However, since I don't have the money or time (and reside in the wrong country to boot) to get such a treatment and since my scarring is fairly mild, I'm considering needling/dermarolling first. It may help, although it's a slow solution and the results it may give aren't going to be as dramatic. Also, you need to be quite careful and do your own research well. But I thought it would make sense to start with a less invasive treatment, especially since laser is not readily available for me now.

Please keep us informed of what treatments you're going to try and how they turn out. Good luck. smile.png