Notifications
Clear all

Acne.org V3

MemberMember
(@real-maverick)

Posted : 09/17/2012 1:27 pm

Good morning/afternoon/evening, depending on where you are in the world.

As some of you know, we're currently working on Acne.org v3 and I wanted to give you all an update and a glimpse of how we're getting on with the new design.

Why a new design? Well first and foremost, the new design is to make Acne.org fully compatible with mobile phones. We have an increasing number of visitors coming to the website via their mobile phones and tablets and we're first to admit, that besides the message boards, it's not the best experience in the world.

In addition, we want to improve your browsing experience, to ensure you can find the content you want easier and with less clicks and finally, we've worked hard to clean up the overall design to ensure the content is presented in the best possible way.

There are lots of new features that improve the experience of using Acne.org, for example, the main navigation moves down the screen with you as you scroll, much like Twitter.com. This means you can more easily jump to your favorite sections of Acne.org.

Acne.org v3 is a responsive design, which means that it adapts to your screen size, right the way down to a mobile phone. You don't have to select different skins or anything else, the code will automatically detect your screen size and adapt to fit.

Anyway, I could talk about it all day, but as they say "a picture speaks a thousand words".

Screenshots

Homepage:

post-22514-0-42629100-1347906156_thumb.p

Regimen:

post-22514-0-45814900-1347906169_thumb.j

Review page:

post-22514-0-89915700-1347906182_thumb.j

There is a new cleanser logo in the works too, but isn't yet complete, so the screenshots simply show a text only version.

I hope you enjoy what you see so far and you're more than welcome to throw ideas and stuff at us.

Paul

post-22514-0-42629100-1347906156_thumb.p

post-22514-0-45814900-1347906169_thumb.j

post-22514-0-89915700-1347906182_thumb.j

MemberMember
(@skintuition)

Posted : 09/17/2012 8:26 pm

what happened to the acne.org videos page? that was a really good idea, I think it would make this place more like a community

oh, and one question: when will v3 be out?

MemberMember
(@real-maverick)

Posted : 09/17/2012 8:38 pm

Hey WonderfulStrawberry, what videos page do you refer to?

v3 is a work in progress, we're dedicating as much time as we can to it and it will be released asap. I don't want to give an estimate, as at this point, it would be an idle guess.

What do you think so far?

MemberMember
(@skintuition)

Posted : 09/18/2012 10:03 am

I read in one of dan's blog posts that acne.org would have a videos page soon, maybe it was just an idea, but I thought it was a good idea.

I think v3 looks awesome

MemberMember
(@real-maverick)

Posted : 09/18/2012 11:11 am

Thanks, I'll ask Dan and give you an update soon :)

MemberMember
(@rz8)

Posted : 09/19/2012 12:09 am

this is a great idea, i was just wondering if this is available on smart phones.

will an app be available on iph soon or can it only access it on safari?

MemberMember
(@aminal)

Posted : 09/19/2012 12:25 am

I think it looks really good. You're keeping it clean, minimal, and up to date with current web trends. Very modern and sleek design!

MemberMember
(@nick-o-lass)

Posted : 09/19/2012 3:14 am

when is this happening??

MemberMember
(@real-maverick)

Posted : 09/19/2012 7:48 am

this is a great idea, i was just wondering if this is available on smart phones.

will an app be available on iph soon or can it only access it on safari?

This current stage of the development is to bring Acne.org to smartphones via the mobile browser, i.e Safari, Chrome etc. But who knows for the future, we may have our own awesome iPhone app, how cool would that be?!

I think it looks really good. You're keeping it clean, minimal, and up to date with current web trends. Very modern and sleek design!

Thanks a lot, it's been a lot of hard work, so it's great to see positive feedback.

when is this happening??

We're working on it daily. There's a lot of pages that we have to redesign but we're working fast and I imagine it won't be too long before you see a brand new Acne.org. Watch this space as they say.

MemberMember
(@rz8)

Posted : 09/19/2012 8:14 am

Keep up the good work...

I'm staying tune...

It won't be long and you'll be as big as FB :)

MemberMember
(@real-maverick)

Posted : 09/19/2012 8:53 am

Keep up the good work...

I'm staying tune...

It won't be long and you'll be as big as FB smile.png

Thanks haha :)

MemberMember
(@ayeaye)

Posted : 09/24/2012 8:24 pm

I think it looks great - clean, professional and genuine. I know when I first stumbled onto Acne.org a year ago and read about The Regimen my initial thought was that the website looked a bit 'home made' which made me slightly cautious. Thankfully I threw caution to the wind, ordered the products, followed the regimen instructions and I'm now acne free for the first time in 20 years. I can guarantee that if I stumbled upon the website and it looked like your screen shots above, I would have instantly been comfortable with ordering the products and following the instructions without any hesitation. Great work maverick & team..... :)

MemberMember
(@real-maverick)

Posted : 09/25/2012 5:45 am

I think it looks great - clean, professional and genuine. I know when I first stumbled onto Acne.org a year ago and read about The Regimen my initial thought was that the website looked a bit 'home made' which made me slightly cautious. Thankfully I threw caution to the wind, ordered the products, followed the regimen instructions and I'm now acne free for the first time in 20 years. I can guarantee that if I stumbled upon the website and it looked like your screen shots above, I would have instantly been comfortable with ordering the products and following the instructions without any hesitation. Great work maverick & team..... smile.png

That's really valuable feedback, thanks. It's always good to know what people think and feel, when they arrive at our pages. Also great news that you've had success with the Regimen, you have no idea how much it pleases us, to know we've helped.

Thanks again.

MemberMember
(@acneisacurse)

Posted : 09/26/2012 2:13 pm

Looks epic! Are you guys going to be making any more videos? On youtube it said the last video was 7 months ago, you guys should make more videos!

MemberMember
(@real-maverick)

Posted : 09/26/2012 5:17 pm

Thanks for the feedback, epic is exactly what we were striving for!

As for videos, I believe Dan has some exciting stuff planned for new videos.

MemberMember
(@real-maverick)

Posted : 10/01/2012 6:47 am

Thanks Sasound23. We're going to ensure that when there is a relevant forum to link to, each page will always help guide visitors in to the forums and other relevant pages too for that matter.

Thanks for your feedback :)

MemberMember
(@linali26)

Posted : 10/17/2012 9:18 pm

Thank you. This looks awesome!! Can't wait!!

MemberMember
(@betterness24)

Posted : 10/20/2012 12:08 pm

sounds like a great idea. looking forward to the transition! keep up the good work man!