Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
kda5

Missed A Day - Doomed Forever?

So I am a very faithful regimen user. I have been on it for 6-7ish months. I used to have active acne all over my cheeks, and haven't seen active acne on my cheeks for 4ish months now. The other day I fell asleep before using moisturizer (I use Dan's AHA at night) and woke up with my face feeling kind of dry, which was to be expected. But now I am breaking out and am super dry all the time. I haven't been this dry since the early stages of regimen!!! How long can I expect to be like this before things go back to normal? :(

It happens, don't beat yourself up over it. I would apply some extra moisturizer for the next few days until you get back to normal, shouldnt take more than a week or two. However, acne does take a long time to form under your skin...so you might notice a little more acne than you have been used to for about a month. Irritation is a killer when it comes to acne, but once your skin adjusts to moisturizer again you'll be fine. Just get back on the regimen strictly and you'll be good to go again before you know it!