Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Oakley

Cucumber and acne?

In a nutshell, i have had a bad outbreak the last few weeks. I attribute most of it to the weather, perhaps stress?

One thing in my diet, i eat quite healthy, is that i have been eating a whole english cucumber 5 times a week....

I know cukes can be hard for people to digest, but could it be part of the problem????

serious discussions pls!

well there is a diet that a group of formeracne sufferers follow that involves eliminating nightshades, among other things. Cucumber falls into this category and so you may want to see what happens when you give it up for 2 - 4 weeks.

HTH ;-)

well there is a diet that a group of formeracne sufferers follow that involves eliminating nightshades, among other things.  Cucumber falls into this category and so you may want to see what happens when you give it up for 2 - 4 weeks. 

HTH  ;-)

nightshades? excuse my ignorance, but i haven't a clue what that means, also could you direct me to that particular thread....?

much thanks.....

nightshade

any of numerous shrubs or herbs or vines of the genus Solanum; most are poisonous though many bear edible fruit

www.cogsci.princeton.edu/cgi-bin/webwn

I don't understand...how could a cucumber be bad for you? Or even beneficial. There's nothing in it! It's all water. I know I can eat 1-2 cucumbers and not be full at all.