Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
acneacnegowaway

Will A Lactic Peel Help Me?

I have a lactic peel scheduled for next week because my dermatologist recommended it, but I'm afraid I'm going to spend money on something that isn't going to give me results. Do you think a lactic peel will help improve my skin. I see scarring when I look at it, but my dermatologist says he does not, just a lot of hyperpigmentation. Thanks for your input!

post-153625-0-74046700-1347835843_thumb.

post-153625-0-42807900-1347835850_thumb.

post-153625-0-74046700-1347835843_thumb.

post-153625-0-42807900-1347835850_thumb.

I have been doing Lactic Acid peels at home for at least five years.

Because they are considered to be a 'light' peel, I would never pay a dermatologist to perform this type of peel since it can be done at home.

My skin has never peeled when I used this type of peel - it is basically a 'moisturizing' peel that will help your skin look better and may help clear up any hyperpigmentation that you might have.

I've never had any true 'down time' with a lactic acid peel unlike the glycolic acid and TCA peels that I have done in the past.

Skinlaboratory.com is where I have purchased my lactic acid in the past.

Mr matt have you seen continued progress in your scars using tca peels? I have with my scars but from icepicks they have now developed into shallow boxcars at least i think... Is this a good sign my scars are gradually filling in and blending into my surrouding skin? @ acneacnegoaway i see minor scaring some of mine given time have vanished completly the very shallow ones, a lactic peel could do wonders for them red marks i had great sucess with one of them, i can see why you are Apprehensive though. Good luck with it!!

I've only done two TCA peels and a lot of 70% Glycolic and Lactic Acid peels.

So, I can't point to one single thing that I can say for sure resulted in collagen remodeling. Rather, it was a combination of factors working together:

1) different types of peels to generate collagen

2) multiple dermarolling sessions (once every six weeks or 42 days)

3) topical Retin-A

4) topical Ester C, DMAE, and Alpha-Lipoic Acid

5) various laser treatments

6) TCA CROSS

7) wearing sunscreen seven days a week to protect the collagen which was forming

8) daily multivitamin

You'll be amazed how your skin will change over time if you follow a consistent pattern of treating your scars. Before and after photos are the best way to know for sure if you're making progress over time.

Matt

I have been doing Lactic Acid peels at home for at least five years.

Because they are considered to be a 'light' peel, I would never pay a dermatologist to perform this type of peel since it can be done at home.

My skin has never peeled when I used this type of peel - it is basically a 'moisturizing' peel that will help your skin look better and may help clear up any hyperpigmentation that you might have.

I've never had any true 'down time' with a lactic acid peel unlike the glycolic acid and TCA peels that I have done in the past.

Skinlaboratory.com is where I have purchased my lactic acid in the past.

I have done a lactic acid peel at home before (one I purchased off ebay) and I had minor flaking but didn't notice much of a difference. I won a free treatment in a raffle at at my dermatologists office for a free chemical peel or photo facial. I wanted to go for a TCA, but my dermatologist suggested the Lactic. I want something that is going to show significant results in just one treatment, regardless of the downtime.

Mr matt have you seen continued progress in your scars using tca peels? I have with my scars but from icepicks they have now developed into shallow boxcars at least i think... Is this a good sign my scars are gradually filling in and blending into my surrouding skin? @ acneacnegoaway i see minor scaring some of mine given time have vanished completly the very shallow ones, a lactic peel could do wonders for them red marks i had great sucess with one of them, i can see why you are Apprehensive though. Good luck with it!!

Thank you! The lactic peel will only help with hyperpigmentation?