Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
grubby456

Minocycline Or Low Dosage Accutane?

Hi there, been an acne sufferer for more than a year now, tried everything over the counter and the only thing that could get me temporary result is Benzoyl Peroxide.

Even if I don't drink/smoke/drugs and follow strict diet my acne is always getting worse so I went to the doctor yesterday and he prescribed me Minocycline 100mg/day for 2 months.

After reading a lot of reviews, I just understood that it is a temporary fix. I'm pretty sure it's going to work as long as I use it, and I don't feel like paying 50$ per months for the rest of my life.

Doctor told me to take it for a month and if it works that I will have to get another month to avoid recurrence.

I wonder what's going to happen when I'm going to stop taking it...

I really thinking about asking for a low dosage of Accutane, I'm not really scared of secondary effect, I know a lot of people who had really worse acne than me and now are 100% clean and on my side I'm still fighting it, it's kinda frustating.

What's you guys think? Anyone has fixed a mild to severe acne with Accutane?