Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Ghostunit

I'm 25 And My Skin Is Finally Very Smooth, But Still Break Out.

I don't know if this is a sign that I am going to stop breaking out for good, but my skin was never this smooth before and I don't get cysts anymore. I do get a pimple or two a week. To those who stopped breaking out for good, did this happened to you? I know I should be clear around age 25-28 'cause my family all stopped getting pimples for good around my age. None had pimples over 30. I really hope I stop breaking out 'cause I need to catch up with things in life. I've been hiding at my house even if i had only 3-4 pimples.

That's great to hear! Just keep doing whatever you're doing and I bet it will stay clear. Hell, you might not even need to do anything to maintain your great skin.

My mom says she had acne but she sooo didn't. She has gorgeous porcelain skin and she always says that my scars will just fade and yadda yadda yadda but I'm pretty sure I'm just gonna be a walking scar for the rest of my life. They're so much worse than active acne when it comes to appearance in my opinion. It sucks.

My dad on the other hand had terrible acne (forreal) and giant pores. Of course I would get those awesome genetics from him. Life, huh?

LOL dude, im 28 and thought i would be clear by now, i still remember thinking at 20yrs old that by the age of 25 i would be acne free.

Infact my acne seems to be getting worse the older i get, and ive had acne since i was 15, theyve gone from regular pimples to really bad cystic acne all over my body..

I now realise im going to have this shit for the rest of my life. And dermatologists are fucking useless, i was in the room for maybe 5 minutes with this derm and he couldnt wait to get me out and get to the next patient, he prescribed me a topical cream at the price of $100 that doesnt do SHIT, its all a scam just like that ProActive

Genetics has a role in acne but so do many other things. You're doing great for yourself Eddie with the lifestyle changes you have made so keep at it. Your skin care regimen is also superb. Sometimes our bodies do what it wants to do no matter what external and internal things we do. I wouldn't worry about it too much, especially since your acne seems in control. You're doing what works for you so go out and enjoy life - clear skin will come to you when the timing is right (u definitely seem to be headed in the right direction).

I broke out with 3 pimples on right cheek oompf.gif;; They all came to whitehead, xcept for one. They aren't cysts. My dark marks are healing and I think my scars won't be that bad. They aren't deep. I hate that I still break out.. I gotta stop thinking about my skin and study. sad.png

That's great to hear! Just keep doing whatever you're doing and I bet it will stay clear. Hell, you might not even need to do anything to maintain your great skin.

My mom says she had acne but she sooo didn't. She has gorgeous porcelain skin and she always says that my scars will just fade and yadda yadda yadda but I'm pretty sure I'm just gonna be a walking scar for the rest of my life. They're so much worse than active acne when it comes to appearance in my opinion. It sucks.

My dad on the other hand had terrible acne (forreal) and giant pores. Of course I would get those awesome genetics from him. Life, huh?

Edited by Ghostunit