Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
jwitz

Any Advice On Tackling Flat Red Marks?

Hi,

I've had this cluster of flat red marks for months now, and they don't seem to be healing or getting lighter. I assume they're permanent, or still active maybe? They are not sore.

What's some effective ways to lighten or get rid of these marks? It's very frustrating.

This is my experience. If they haven't faded in 3 months since you got them, they are still partially active far under the skin and will take months of strong retinoids to finally come to the surface. I had one just come up that's been a red mark on my face for literally 2 years...it already "popped" previously, receded, then turned into a flat red mark...now 2 years later it decided to come up to a nodule and pop again.

This is my experience. If they haven't faded in 3 months since you got them, they are still partially active far under the skin and will take months of strong retinoids to finally come to the surface. I had one just come up that's been a red mark on my face for literally 2 years...it already "popped" previously, receded, then turned into a flat red mark...now 2 years later it decided to come up to a nodule and pop again.

Interesting. One of them is very faded, and at certain angles you can see a dent in my cheek where it was. I don't think that's ever going to go now.

Hi,

I've had this cluster of flat red marks for months now, and they don't seem to be healing or getting lighter. I assume they're permanent, or still active maybe? They are not sore.

What's some effective ways to lighten or get rid of these marks? It's very frustrating.

it's very simple, the depth of the mark determines the time it will take to go away. If you have flat red marks that are very deep and dark and inflamed, then you absolutely need to develop a regimen or they could take years to go away.

Last summer I developed a bunch of terrible red marks on my cheeks. Back then I didn't know how to get rid of them, and assumed they would go away on their own, so I did absolutely nothing to them for 6 months and they made almost no progress. Then back in February I started using aloe vera on my face for a few months, and they made a lot of progress. Lately I've added Emu Oil, Sulfur, and Honey into my regimen, and now they're almost gone.

The key is to speed up the skin regeneration cycle. The faster your skin regnerates, the faster the bad skin will come to the surface to be shed off, revealing the healthy skin underneath. You can do this the natural way like I do, or you can use chemical products, but only if your skin can handle them. For some people, chemical based products can make their red marks worse and potentially set you back months.