Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
aaron5566

Face Getting Pimples After I Scratch?

I recently stopped finished taking Accutane. It was a horrible experience, scarring not only my face but my confidence. Thankfully it paid off. A months after I stopped, my face was clear just a few scars here and there with dry skin. Now after a month and a half of stopping, my face is getting itchy and when I scratch, it develops like rashes that stays for days and looks like pimples. I realised that after I exercise, my face gets all red and look like they are full of pimples... Anyone experienced this before? Am I having like some kind of allergic reaction? I had trouble breathing before my face got all itchy.

It's called Accutane induced rosacea. It can give you "papules" that look kind of like acne bumps and give you a fluctuating red rash. It's one of the possible side effects of Accutane.

Unfortunately there isn't currently a cure for rosacea. Guess that's the price you pay for pimple-free skin. I have rosacea as well, believe me I know it sucks.

Oh... Okay thanks. Glad that I'm not alone in this. Do you put anything to reduce the redness?

A moisturizer with niacinamide helps. I use CeraVe AM.

Okay I have been putting moisturiser and it seems like the redness and the rashes went down . My skin is almost clear again. :) Thanks for your help.

In addition to moisturizing, make sure to stay hydrated. Keeping water in your system will reduce facial flushing. Also, your face flushes after exercising simply due to you body temperature. Try to keep cool. Drink cold water while working out, keep a cold and damp wash cloth around your neck, and take a cool shower afterwards. This should all help, even if only slightly :)