Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
PrettyInside

By Whom Is Subcision Usually Performed?

I've three questions regarding subcision. (Sorry about the possibly confusing title of this thread. I forgot to change it before posting, and I can't change the title after the fact.)

1) What does the procedure typically cost to treat one scar--especially a box-car scar? (I need more than one scar treated but am wondering what cost I might expect per scar.)

2) Is subcision only performed by a plastic surgeon (vs. a board-certified dermatologist)?

3) And is it usually only available from doctors in major cities? (I'm in the suburbs of Chicago and didn't want to drive all the way into the city for treatment but will, if I must.)

Thank you,

P.I.

Edited by PrettyInside

Hey man just best goggle skin care clinic in Chicago or subcision treatment in Chicago a plastic surgeon usually performs the procedure.

1) My treatment cost $250 to treat about 6 or 7 scars.

2) I think both plastic surgeons and dermatologists perform subcision. However, most derms do not (many look at you crazy when you ask them about subcision).

3) I had mine done in a major metro but I don't see a major metro as a limitation. You'll probably just have more options.

Google anil shah, the guy is well renowned and based in chicago.

Hey, thank you! I've bookmarked his website to review his credentials and all that jazz.

My derm. asst. says that she recommends a guy in Chicago to whom she refers as "the laser guru." What do you want to bet that it's Dr. Shah? (I'll find out today when I call her office to learn the name of the person to whom she sends clients.)

Thank you,

P.I.

1) My treatment cost $250 to treat about 6 or 7 scars.

Wow... That's not horrible at all. I don't know where you had your procedure done, but I've long thought that plastic surgeons in major cities charge more than that, but my fingers remain crossed that those in Chicago don't. grinwink.gif

2) I think both plastic surgeons and dermatologists perform subcision. However, most derms do not (many look at you crazy when you ask them about subcision).

My derm. assistant recommends someone in Chicago, even though her office is located in the northwest Chicago 'burbs. So if I wind up going to her recommended guy, I'll have nearly an hour's drive. Ah, well... I'll continue to search for well-respected plastic surgeons who may be in the 'burbs.

3) I had mine done in a major metro but I don't see a major metro as a limitation. You'll probably just have more options.

It's not a limitation except in terms of the drive. It's that I'm fearful of city driving and, so, would need to have my husband drive me to any appointments in the city.

P.I.

Edited by PrettyInside

I am not sure if laser guru would be dr shah but would be interested to know if it was or what he recommended for you.

As it turns out, it is not Dr. Shah whom my derm. asst. recommends--no offense meant to Dr. Shah, of course. It turns out that the plastic surgeon she recommends has one office in the same building as her practice but also works at two other locations, including Chicago. And when I read reviews about him, they are quite positive.

I plan to call his local office this week to ask some key questions, the answers to which may entice me to schedule an appointment. :)

P.I.