Notifications
Clear all

Doxycycline And Spironolactone

MemberMember
(@feebedel)

Posted : 09/15/2012 6:56 pm

Ok I'm going to go ahead and do this. July 2011 I finally stopped taking all the antibiotics. I originally took Doxy and it did wonders for my face, but eventually stopped working. I took many other antibiotics but none worked as well. July 2011 rolled around and I was put on Spironolactone for hormonal acne and it did WONDERS for my face. It has worked up until about May 2012. Spiro isn't an antibiotic so I'm thinking I'm not immune, but either the weather change or something has made my chin start breaking out again. I also get occasional cysts on my forehead. Now, back in 2010 my face was AWFUL. I had cysts all over my cheeks and it was bad. With the spiro I'm still not near what I used to be, but it's not as good as it should be. So, I'm not on Doxycycline 100mg two times a day again. I hope it helps clear my skin and when I get off it, the Spiro will help keep it clear. I feel like I"m a unique case, but maybe others out there have had a similar experience. Hormonal treatment and antibiotics. I just want to kind of keep this updated and see how it goes and wondering if anyone else is going through the same thing and if anyone has had success with taking an antibiotic the 2nd time around after being immune years ago. So, yeah. Any comments are welcome and I'll try to keep this updated. I thought I'd gotten rid of this site a year ago. Alas, I guess acne never goes away. I just need to vent to people!

MemberMember
(@neika1)

Posted : 09/23/2012 9:13 am

I'm going through it. I'm on Spiro 50 mg twice a day with doxy. My skin is HORRIBLE right now..waiting for it to heal

MemberMember
(@feebedel)

Posted : 10/07/2012 10:22 pm

Heyyy! How is it going now? I think my face is calmer. It's not clear, but the acne I do have isn't inflamed. I dunno how much it's doing. I would save I have mild to moderate acne. Mild on my good days and moderate on my bad. I'm interested to hear your story about taking both spiro and doxy!