Notifications
Clear all

Accutane Success (Proof In Pics!)

MemberMember
(@quiescence)

Posted : 09/15/2012 2:34 pm

Hi Everyone,

I've been away from acne.org for a while now since I finished my course.... I don't know why I'm posting this, but I just feel with so many accutane scare stories out there there should be more people posting good experiences ...and want to let you all know that there is hope.

I understand exactly how you feel, it is AWFUL to have such bad skin...it affects everything you think and do.

This was me back in November 2011

P1010202.jpg P1010199.jpg

And this is me today

P1010960copy.jpg

P1010962copy.jpg

My course ended in April 2012, and since then the pigmentation has pretty much gone...

This was my log - please do read it if you are thinking all hope is lost, or are scared of taking the plunge and going for accutane. I am here to help if you have any questions. I'm fully aware I have only been clear 4 months and i'm not so stupid to ignore the fact that it will possibly come back, but for now...

http://www.acne.org/...306982-my-face/

Good luck everyone and keep going, please please don't give up, there is hope!!

MemberMember
(@whatthekell)

Posted : 09/15/2012 2:46 pm

woww. beautiful results! i'm amazed at how clear it looks. did you use anything for the red marks?

MemberMember
(@quiescence)

Posted : 09/15/2012 2:58 pm

woww. beautiful results! i'm amazed at how clear it looks. did you use anything for the red marks?

Thank you blush.png

Nope... I was going to but I was too scared to use any new products in case my acne came back!! Just kept on moisturising using cetaphil... now I'm less scared I use different moisturisers and it's all good...

I'm afraid time really is the only sure cure for red marks! x x

MemberMember
(@exister)

Posted : 09/15/2012 3:04 pm

Wow.

MemberMember
(@quiescence)

Posted : 09/15/2012 3:07 pm

PS - please forgive the vivid blue under-eyes! It was pretty early in the morning... at least it proves the pics are without make up haha! x x

MemberMember
(@xjones)

Posted : 09/15/2012 4:26 pm

I love girls with freckles! Post your full pic :P

MemberMember
(@ajab561)

Posted : 09/15/2012 10:41 pm

Wonderful results. Have you been using any acne washes or topical meds as maintenance or have you just been using a regular cleanser?

MemberMember
(@quiescence)

Posted : 09/16/2012 3:23 am

Wonderful results. Have you been using any acne washes or topical meds as maintenance or have you just been using a regular cleanser?

Hi there,

When I started accutane I was so tired of harsh cleansers and 'acne clearing' treatments... none of which worked... I did some research on here and other sites for very gentle simple cleansers and saw Sebamed had some good reviews....

I LOVE IT! Its really gentle, it's cheap (lasts ages) and doesn't claim to do any miracles... it's just a really simple effective cleanser which is designed for sensitive and probematic skin. That's all I have been using throughout and since my course (along with a moisturiser).

I use this one.... http://www.feelunique.com/p/Sebamed-Liquid-Face-Body-Wash-200ml and I highly reccommend it!!

MemberMember
(@leelowe1)

Posted : 09/16/2012 10:18 am

Did youwear makeup during your course? Which one? Did it break you out? You are so pretty.

MemberMember
(@quiescence)

Posted : 09/16/2012 3:41 pm

Did youwear makeup during your course? Which one? Did it break you out? You are so pretty.

Haha thanks i'd love to believe you...i dont think the blue under eye cheek shots really show me in my best light :/

I did indeed wear make up...most definitely!... couldn't have left the house without it!! I used (and still do) l'oreal true match foundation, and during accutane also used l'oreal true match mineral powder stuff I think?

x x x

MemberMember
(@chloelauraa)

Posted : 09/18/2012 5:32 pm

Your skin looks incredible!!

I may be starting accutane and this gives me hope. I'm soo nervous just thinking about going on it!! But I'm SICK of my skin so.....I think it could be for the best!

So happy for you!

MemberMember
(@quiescence)

Posted : 09/19/2012 8:09 am

Your skin looks incredible!!

I may be starting accutane and this gives me hope. I'm soo nervous just thinking about going on it!! But I'm SICK of my skin so.....I think it could be for the best!

So happy for you!

DO IT!!! ;) x x x

MemberMember
(@faded12)

Posted : 09/19/2012 11:10 am

Did you notice an increase in facial freckles after your course? I heard that this was a side effect. Also, did your acne get worse before better?

P.S.

You are absolutely gorgeous!! You're skin is flawless. I have been so nervous about starting but after seeing your results I feel much better. Thank you so much for this post.

MemberMember
(@quiescence)

Posted : 09/19/2012 1:44 pm

Did you notice an increase in facial freckles after your course? I heard that this was a side effect. Also, did your acne get worse before better?

P.S.

You are absolutely gorgeous!! You're skin is flawless. I have been so nervous about starting but after seeing your results I feel much better. Thank you so much for this post.

Thanks for the kind comments :)

nahh i've always been freckley... used to hate them, but after having acne I learnt to love 'em!!

As for did it get worse before better you can judge... I'm the geekiest person who ever lived so i did a chart of actives whilst on accutane to monitor my improvements!

ActivesChart7-2.jpg

yes, I know... sad huh?

x x

MemberMember
(@faded12)

Posted : 09/19/2012 8:02 pm

Wow that's impressive! Thanks :)

MemberMember
(@spartan32)

Posted : 09/19/2012 11:11 pm

Awesome improvement. LOL the chart has me dying. Looks like something that I would do.

MemberMember
(@maximabella)

Posted : 09/20/2012 9:55 am

holy HECKKKKKKKK, this is incredible... and Im floored by your lack of scars

MemberMember
(@quiescence)

Posted : 09/20/2012 1:26 pm

Thanks all

:):):)

x x x

MemberMember
(@darkdragoon)

Posted : 09/25/2012 2:25 pm

Whoaa you look great. I'm so glad you posted this, it gives me a lot of hope.

MemberMember
(@b552299g)

Posted : 09/25/2012 9:09 pm

I am also shocked you didn't scar. That's awesome! And I love the graph.... It really shows the volatile ups and downs early on and then slowly levels out as the changes become less extreme. Nice!

MemberMember
(@quiescence)

Posted : 10/01/2012 6:09 am

i too am very shocked i didn't scar! not sure how i got away with that... <3 accutane.. x x

MemberMember
(@elchacal123)

Posted : 10/01/2012 3:20 pm

how long was your course?

MemberMember
(@quiescence)

Posted : 10/01/2012 5:08 pm

It was nearly 5 months, first month on 0.5 mg/kg, 1 mg/kg each month thereafter x x

MemberMember
(@sammy0521)

Posted : 12/25/2012 5:56 pm

AMAZING RESULTS! How long did it take for your shallow scars to fill up?