Notifications
Clear all

The Youtube Girl We All Know Is Now A Model

MemberMember
(@lt-aldo-raine)
MemberMember
(@ghostunit)

Posted : 09/15/2012 10:41 am

I'm kinda proud of her. I didn't like some of her videos, probably 'cause I am a guy. She doesn't know much about nutrition, but glad she has her skin under control by chemicals.

MemberMember
(@nfamousjade)

Posted : 09/15/2012 11:13 am

That's awesome! I love her!

MemberMember
(@randall-flagg)

Posted : 09/15/2012 6:40 pm

I'm really proud of her too. She's come a long way in life, and she's very courageous for putting herself out there like that. I don't watch many of her videos either because it's mainly girly stuff aimed at girls, like makeup tips and stuff, but I can still appreciate the struggle she's gone through.

MemberMember
(@jamris12)

Posted : 09/21/2012 3:59 am

i could never do what she did. she's an inspiration to people who have any skin condition, or any type of disease that is misconstrued as a "hygiene problem." i think she has def shed more understanding on acne, and i'm stating the obvious, but she should do freelance makeup. i know makeup artists who couldn't cover acne half as well as she does.

MemberMember
(@darkheart)

Posted : 03/02/2013 2:20 am

Oh God.. are you talking about Diamondsandheels14? I can't stand this girl, she's obnoxious. She's homely as the day is long (and this has nothing to do with acne) there is absolute no way she's a legitimate model, I just don't believe it. She's full of so much sh*t! all her advice is crap and she pretends she knows everything (on everything). She has not cleared her skin either, her acne is still very inflamed and severe (if you watch her recent "DIY acne mask" video).

MemberMember
(@dejaclairevoyant)

Posted : 03/02/2013 1:06 pm

She gives excellent makeup advice and she's a very sweet girl. That said, I agree that she is pretty clueless about acne. Her views remind me of how I was many years ago at the beginning of this (highly unpleasant) journey. She doesn't seem like she ever went online and did a lot of research and what not, and honestly, maybe she's better off for it. 10 years of research, diets, holistic stuff, etc and now I sit here back on an intense topical chemical regimen for my acne because none of it worked anyway.

So yeah... I like her. I don't know what "real" modeling that she does, but I definitely envy her makeup skills. The "how to cover cystic acne" video that she has is truly amazing. I mean, her acne is BAD. Her acne makes my face look good, and that says a lot. But after she puts her makeup on, she looks perfect.

MemberMember
(@nakedsmurf)

Posted : 03/02/2013 1:37 pm

Hot girls have problems too

MemberMember
(@darkheart)

Posted : 03/02/2013 3:11 pm

She gives excellent makeup advice and she's a very sweet girl. That said, I agree that she is pretty clueless about acne. Her views remind me of how I was many years ago at the beginning of this (highly unpleasant) journey. She doesn't seem like she ever went online and did a lot of research and what not, and honestly, maybe she's better off for it. 10 years of research, diets, holistic stuff, etc and now I sit here back on an intense topical chemical regimen for my acne because none of it worked anyway.

So yeah... I like her. I don't know what "real" modeling that she does, but I definitely envy her makeup skills. The "how to cover cystic acne" video that she has is truly amazing. I mean, her acne is BAD. Her acne makes my face look good, and that says a lot. But after she puts her makeup on, she looks perfect.

I find her makeup skills and advice highly dated and she has no real talent. She photoshops the beejesus out of her pictures that's why people seem to buy into this belief that she has these "wizard makeup skills" and uses clever lighting in her videos (soft focus). This is what her "flawless face makeup" really looks like without all the retouching:

cassandra-bankson-i-segni-dellacne.jpg

...dishonesty.

MemberMember
(@dejaclairevoyant)

Posted : 03/02/2013 3:22 pm

Yeah, I mean you really can't hide bumps like that. Maybe it is the lighting. I couldn't figure out how her skin looked so smooth afterwards in the video. Covering redness, yes. But smooth? It doesn't make sense. In that picture you can see it a lot more realistically, for sure.

Just curious, where did you find that? Did she post it?

MemberMember
(@darkheart)

Posted : 03/02/2013 3:26 pm

Yeah, I mean you really can't hide bumps like that. Maybe it is the lighting. I couldn't figure out how her skin looked so smooth afterwards in the video. Covering redness, yes. But smooth? It doesn't make sense. In that picture you can see it a lot more realistically, for sure.

I got it from "Guru Gossip" on her page diamondsandheels14. A poster had posted it, I just linked the image. I think it's a little dishonest how she photoshops her pictures as it's kind of like "false advertising" but to each their own. She's getting her own makeup line at target (apparently?).

MemberMember
(@darkheart)

Posted : 03/02/2013 3:42 pm

If you all want to see an actually talented girl conceal her "severe acne" with minimal products watch this video below:

I ordered that Lioele BB cream stat after watching this, I swear by it. I don't have acne this severe at all but that product seemed amazing. A must have for all skin types.

MemberMember
(@dejaclairevoyant)

Posted : 03/02/2013 3:45 pm

I got it from "Guru Gossip" on her page diamondsandheels14. A poster had posted it, I just linked the image. I think it's a little dishonest how she photoshops her pictures as it's kind of like "false advertising" but to each their own. She getting her own makeup line at target (apparently?).

I agree, but my God, i went to Guru Gossip a minute ago (found it by searching her before you even told me) and there are some seriously pathetic bitches on that site. Some of those girls should be ashamed of themselves. Talk about bullies.

Calling someone a horse because of their bone structure is NOT okay. Disgusting, really.

MemberMember
(@darkheart)

Posted : 03/02/2013 3:54 pm

I got it from "Guru Gossip" on her page diamondsandheels14. A poster had posted it, I just linked the image. I think it's a little dishonest how she photoshops her pictures as it's kind of like "false advertising" but to each their own. She getting her own makeup line at target (apparently?).

I agree, but my God, i went to Guru Gossip a minute ago (found it by searching her before you even told me) and there are some seriously pathetic bitches on that site. Some of those girls should be ashamed of themselves. Talk about bullies.

Calling someone a horse because of their bone structure is NOT okay. Disgusting, really.

They are bullies. I don't think she's model material either or all that "stunning" (I find her quite homely truthfully) but honestly.. calling her a horse is taking it too far. People can't help their looks.

MemberMember
(@dejaclairevoyant)

Posted : 03/03/2013 11:31 am

If you all want to see an actually talented girl conceal her "severe acne" with minimal products watch this video below:

I ordered that Lioele BB cream stat after watching this, I swear by it. I don't have acne this severe at all but that product seemed amazing. A must have for all skin types.

I missed this post! Wow... the coverage that BB cream gave is AMAZING! Holy crap. If that stuff is only 20 bucks I'm definitely ordering some soon. The difference is just unbelievable.

MemberMember
(@darkheart)

Posted : 03/03/2013 5:46 pm

I missed this post! Wow... the coverage that BB cream gave is AMAZING! Holy crap. If that stuff is only 20 bucks I'm definitely ordering some soon. The difference is just unbelievable.

I ordered mine from Amazon.com (on sale for $19.99 from $26). Make sure you get a good seller that doesn't overcharge. Isn't it crazy how different the north american bb creams are from the Asian ones? The first BB cream I ever bought was from Garnier and it couldn't cover sh*t lol, not even freckles.

MemberMember
(@leelowe1)

Posted : 03/03/2013 7:59 pm

To those of you that are nit picking on Cassandra, it is juvenille. She is brave to put her face out there and you can either listen to her or turn of your computer but to judge her, 'oh she's not pretty, she's not model material' is just plain mean. As ACNE SUFFERERS, we should all root for one of our own who owns her acne 100% and tries to help others. Why am I not surprised that its mostly the women jumping on the negativity train. We are our own worst enemies.

MemberMember
(@darkheart)

Posted : 03/03/2013 9:45 pm

To those of you that are nit picking on Cassandra, it is juvenille. She is brave to put her face out there and you can either listen to her or turn of your computer but to judge her, 'oh she's not pretty, she's not model material' is just plain mean. As ACNE SUFFERERS, we should all root for one of our own who owns her acne 100% and tries to help others. Why am I not surprised that its mostly the women jumping on the negativity train. We are our own worst enemies.

Despite finding her irritating I still feel a bit bad for Cassandra and all her difficulty she's had with her skin. I don't mean to knit pick her it's just a litte dishonest that she uses photoshop to get a more "dramatic after" picture to draw in the youtube views on her channel. And her makeup skills are still not the best.

The modelling world is a tough nut to crack and honestly - I don't think she's cut out for it though truthfully. The model standard of beauty is something few human beings can live up to and I don't see her going too far in the industry. It's also her age too - you know the average modelling career is over by 21? crazy right.

She could try her hand at acting though.. there's a few youtube girls that aren't exactly "flawless" that are having real success with acting like Trisha Paytas.

MemberMember
(@leelowe1)

Posted : 03/04/2013 5:51 pm

Don't feel bad for Cassandra, she has accepted her acne which is a goal for many here. She shows that no matter what the outside world may say, you can go for yours. She has done modelling gigs before so it shows the potential is there. I understand what you are saying though regarding photoshop and if she does do that, its false advertiing. In any event, i am glad that puts a veryreal issue out there to others.

MemberMember
(@dejaclairevoyant)

Posted : 03/05/2013 11:42 am

Don't feel bad for Cassandra, she has accepted her acne which is a goal for many here. She shows that no matter what the outside world may say, you can go for yours. She has done modelling gigs before so it shows the potential is there. I understand what you are saying though regarding photoshop and if she does do that, its false advertiing. In any event, i am glad that puts a veryreal issue out there to others.

Yeah I agree. Screw the haters on that guru gossip sites. I spent a few hours reading stuff on there the other day and I have to say, that place is full of some of the nastiest, cruelest energies I've come across in a while. It makes me kind of scared to have my own beauty/health blog. I'm sure those girls would talk shit about me, too. I think Cassandra has done a lot for the world just by demonstrating how bad acne can get and how a lot of girls cover it up. After I saw her vid, I thought that maybe more girls had acne than I thought and a lot of them were just good with makeup.