Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
reyrey

Regimen Users: Eating Junkfood

Okay, I know we shouldn't eat junk food in general. Since starting the regimen about 4 weeks ago I've tried really hard to cut out fast food/junkfood, it's insanely hard, it's easy, fast, cheap and delicious. Shamefully i've always had a soft side for junkfood, maybe that's the cause of my mild breakouts. However, since starting the regimen I've been doing a lot of thinking, would eating unhealthy on the regimen make you breakout? Since im on the 4th week I still get breakouts here and there, nothing like I did a few months ago when I was breaking out really bad due to getting off BC, I've never had bad skin, but I never had perfect skin either, just random breakouts, they just got bad a few months ago and I'm happy to say they have decreased(thank god). Yesterday I gave in and had a hot pocket, if I decide to eat junk food it'll be once a week at the most, however I woke up this morning with a new zit forming, being on the regimen i've noticed they never seem to form fully, it's like the bp stops them in it's tracks and it'll go away within a few days, however I can't help to think that the hotpocket was the cause of the new breakout, I was on a 4 day roll with NO new breakouts, longest I've been with no breakouts since I starting breaking out a few months ago. All of a sudden I had a hot pocket and WAM. It's been said that pimples normally take weeks to form, so it's hard to connect what foods/activities, etc are the culprit, but I can swear that pimples easily can form over night. This question is for regimen users who have been clear for months, do any of you still indulge in a bit of junk food every now and then, and does it break you out like it did before? Or does the regimen just prevent it all together? Your input would be greatly appreciated

:]

u should look in the nutrition and holistic health section.. you will find a great deal of advice there.. n yeah i 2 believe pimples can form overnight.. i haven't tried the regime so i cant help you there sry.. 1 food that's definately a culprit is dairy!!

Thanks for your response, i'll look into eliminating dairy, even though I may not have acne, if it would help I'm all up for it. What's worst is that I get those cystic pimples, those under the skin, that grow slow and look like a bump, it's horrible, there has to be something in my body that causes these!

;[

Guest T.M.

Your never really going to get a straight answer on this subject. I don't think it makes a difference for me personally but others do. I love a bit of junk food but very rarely eat is as its crazy high in calories and expensive. I'm not sure where your from (US?) but its not that cheap over here (UK) for what it is. Slightly off topic... I was reading about New York trying to bring a new law out cutting the size of soft drink measures? I nearly s**t when I seen the size of the cups they had. Who would seriously drink 1.5 litres of Coke?!? Moderations the key like most things in life I suppose. Nothing wrong with a Big Mac every once in a while.

I definitely think that what you put into your body will reflect on the outside. All i would suggest is to drink lots of water, and green tea. and try to incorporate a lot of fruits and veggies. All of these things will help you flush the toxins form inside your body out. Plus you're going to feel healthier and your skin should definitely by more glowy:]

Okay, I know we shouldn't eat junk food in general. Since starting the regimen about 4 weeks ago I've tried really hard to cut out fast food/junkfood, it's insanely hard, it's easy, fast, cheap and delicious. Shamefully i've always had a soft side for junkfood, maybe that's the cause of my mild breakouts. However, since starting the regimen I've been doing a lot of thinking, would eating unhealthy on the regimen make you breakout? Since im on the 4th week I still get breakouts here and there, nothing like I did a few months ago when I was breaking out really bad due to getting off BC, I've never had bad skin, but I never had perfect skin either, just random breakouts, they just got bad a few months ago and I'm happy to say they have decreased(thank god). Yesterday I gave in and had a hot pocket, if I decide to eat junk food it'll be once a week at the most, however I woke up this morning with a new zit forming, being on the regimen i've noticed they never seem to form fully, it's like the bp stops them in it's tracks and it'll go away within a few days, however I can't help to think that the hotpocket was the cause of the new breakout, I was on a 4 day roll with NO new breakouts, longest I've been with no breakouts since I starting breaking out a few months ago. All of a sudden I had a hot pocket and WAM. It's been said that pimples normally take weeks to form, so it's hard to connect what foods/activities, etc are the culprit, but I can swear that pimples easily can form over night. This question is for regimen users who have been clear for months, do any of you still indulge in a bit of junk food every now and then, and does it break you out like it did before? Or does the regimen just prevent it all together? Your input would be greatly appreciated

:]

It's all about balance :)

People on this forum argue all day long about whether diet does affect acne, but what we all know for sure is that diet affects you, it's what your body is built of.

It's about getting as many vitamins and nutrients as you can, junk food doesn't tend to have too many of those.

But it's also about not spiking your insulin (except after exercise), and therefore avoiding sugar, refined carbs like white flour and white rice, which junk food tends to have LOTS of.

But you can't be worried all the time. The stress caused by the fear and guilt after eating a chocolate bar is what will be worse for your skin than the chocolate bar itself :)

I usually eat healthy the whole week but on Sundays i allow myself to eat whatever the fuck i want, specially since its football season im not gonna let acne ruin the only day of the week that i enjoy. just don't overdo it.

I used to eat a lot of junk food when on regimen 2 years ago. I m still on regimen and do not eat junk food anymore however I never noticed it caused breakouts when I was used to it.

Then I stopped junk food.

And now, if I eat junk from time to time, I m more prone to get one or two small pimples.

If it can helps..

Thank you for your replies everyone! I just seem to be super self conscious now that I'm on the regimen, like I don't want to do anything that may possibly interfere with the regimen results, like eating un-healthy food. I currently live with my parents and my mom cooks daily,and about 50% of the food she cooks isn't necessarily "healthy", so it's hard having a strict diet when it comes to healthy eating considering my situation. But you guys are right, I seem to stress more about eating something than I would if I would to just eat it, so either way it seems I'm screwed. However I will be cutting out cow milk from my diet, it seems a lot of people have and they saw results from that. It's very frustrating to know what is the cause of my breakouts, since I don't have acne, just casual breakouts on the average,right now I'm breaking out more, I'm assuming it's either the BC I got of off a couple months ago or my skin purging all the breakouts that have been there. I seem to breakout randomly and it's usually only in those big bumps under my skin that hurt if you touch it, and take forever to come to a head, and when they do they're irritated and they always seem to leave a scar :[ It is normal for someone to not have acne but to breakout in cysts? I've drank milk pretty much every day since I can remember so it's hard to say if its the dairy since my problem isn't acne, but cystic breakouts, any ideas? I know this is a bit off topic but I find it so hard to figure out what the problem may be eusa_think.gif

For me I have noticed it's not the actual eating of the junk food that causes me to get acne, it's if any of the food touches the skin around my mouth. For example, if I'm eating a greasy burger and some of the oils drip on my chin and I'm not able to clean it, I get a whitehead right there.