Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
mellieh

Update- Cleaning Up My Diet

Hi! Just wanted to give you all a status update since my last post. It's been about 7 weeks since I started to make changes to my lifestyle. I have cut all sodas (except for the occasional weak moment), drinking only green tea/coffee/water. I have cut all dairy, except the occasional butter or cheese. I have cut refined flour, sticking with whole wheat bread and brown rice. I have tried to switch to organics, but not been consisent with that... I have added lots more fruit and veggies, and have cut junk food drastically. I know I can do more, but as a full-time teacher with 2 kids, I am not sure how much more time & money I can devote.

I have also added some vitamins to my routine- a B-complex, zinc, and fish oil. I bought a Clarisonic brush, which I really like, and have been using Nubian Magic tea tree/lemongrass soap, plus topical tea tree oil and BP.

I would say my skin is improving. The texture is better, the breakouts are smaller and less frequent. I would love to see more improvement, but I guess I will just stick with it and hope for the best.

Thanks for all the advice and support! This is a great place!